Flexible Staffing: Some Key Legal Issues
Presented by Dechert's Employment Law Practice
November 24, 2010
Flexibility has become increasingly prevalent in the workplace. Employees may seek flexibility to achieve work-life balance. Employers may use flexibility to promote efficiency both in the management of day-to-day work and in the structure of their workforce through an appropriate mix of employees, contractors and agency staff.
This seminar will examine the various challenges that workplace flexibility presents.
- Who is an employee? Recent developments in relation to the status of different types of worker
- An overview of the agency worker regulations coming into force in 2011
- Responding to and managing flexible and part-time working requests
- Phasing out of the default retirement age
- Varying contractual terms and conditions