Personal Commitments and Firm Guiding Principles
Each of us commits to:
Our Firm’s Guiding Principles:
- Act always in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Engage directly with, and listen to, clients to understand their business and to help them achieve their objectives.
- Provide uniformly excellent, pragmatic and cost effective legal services, guided by our clients’ needs, and with the aim of providing transformational advice.
- Take initiative to build his or her career and our Firm.
- Work hard and with intensity with each other and with our clients.
- Treat others with respect and communicate with honesty and candor.
- Work effectively in teams, sharing and taking responsibility.
- Make optimum use of the Firm’s global resources to benefit our clients.
- Work one-on-one with our people to develop their full range of skills, including expertise in the law, practical judgment, and the ability to act and advise decisively.
- Enthusiastically support the Firm’s Guiding Principles.
Learn more about Dechert’s diversity and women’s initiatives.
- Attract a mix of challenging engagements that will provide distinctive value to our clients.
- Reward and promote our people based on contribution.
- Build an inclusive Firm that reflects the diversity of the world in which we practice.
- Manage the Firm in a way that is decisive and responsive to change yet always founded upon building consensus.
- Encourage all our people to undertake service in the public interest.
- Deliver superior economic performance.
- Maintain and expand global reach with “one firm” economics.
- Invest in the future – constantly strive to make the Firm better tomorrow than it is today.