Achim Pütz has extensive experience in advising both German and international clients on traditional and alternative fund structuring, structured debt products and all aspects of investment strategy regarding complex alternative structures.
Institutional investors, especially insurance companies, regularly call on Mr. Pütz with regard to their investments in complex alternative investment structures, especially hedge funds, commodity funds, real estate funds and private equity funds.
Mr. Pütz is recognized as a leading lawyer in his field by several independent legal directories, including PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, Who's Who Legal, Best Lawyers in Germany, Handelsblatt Legal Success and Chambers Europe, which noted in its 2012 edition that he is "highly efficient and client-oriented". JUVE Handbook 2012/2013 endorsed him as one of the ten leading names in the area of investment funds and asset management in Germany, recognizing his "high professional expertise for alternative investments". He is a contributor to major financial services and asset management publications and a regular speaker at industry events.
Mr. Pütz is founder and chairman of the German Alternative Investment Association (BAI). For many years, he was council member of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA).
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
German Alternative Investment Association (BAI)
Publications and Lectures
- Panelist, "Will risks emigrate? Regulation of non-banks and shadow banking systems," German Central Bank symposium: Banking supervision in dialogue (Frankfurt, July 2010)
- Speaker, "Legal and regulatory challenges for institutional AI-investors," BAI Alternative Investment Conference (Frankfurt, April 2010)
- Panelist, "AIFM vs. UCITS: Competing framework for hedge fund products," BAI Alternative Investment Conference (Frankfurt, April 2010)
- Speaker, "Optimization of alternative investment structures for institutional investors," First Alceda Fund Networking (Trier, April 2010)
- "The new investment ordinance for insurances," Absolut|report (March, 2010)
- Speaker, "Optimization of alternative investment structures for institutional investors," VVB Circle of experts’ congress of WestLB: Investments and Asset Management (Düsseldorf, January 2010)
- "Annotation of section 112 of the German Investment Act relating to single hedge funds," Kapitalbeteiligungsrecht, Striegel/Wiesbrock/Jesch (Stuttgart, 2009)