Alexander is a corporate and competition lawyer who advises on mergers and acquisitions, competition and foreign investment issues. Alexander has advised on the structuring of international transactions, corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and related competition issues in sectors including the consumer products and financial services sectors. He has also advised on the trade and competition aspects of anticompetitive agreements and concerted actions, tender regulation and dominance issues.
Alexander regularly works with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS) in connection with both the development of Russian competition legislation and various research and practice seminars conducted for the benefit of officials from FAS. Alexander was awarded a commendation by the head of FAS for cooperation with FAS and input into the development of Russian competition policy.
- PepsiCo on its proposed announced $3.8 billion acquisition of 66% of Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC, a leader in both traditional and value-added dairy products in Russia, with a solid position in juice
- Solvay Group on the creation of a joint venture with Sibur in the Russian vinyls market
- a major cement producer on an internal competition law audit regarding distribution and marketing policy
- a major food and beverage company on an internal competition law audit regarding the management of pricing issues in relation to retail trade
- a major Russian financial group on its acquisition of a large Russian insurance company
- Zurich Insurance, a major European insurance company operating in Russia, in various competition law proceedings and disputes
- Generali, the Italian insurance conglomerate, on a joint project in the Russian insurance market with Czech investment group PPF
- GE and several major consumer products companies including Wrigley and Bacardi on structuring their contractual relationships with distributors in Russia, as well as on other legal aspects of their operations in Russia, including disputes
- a major international tobacco company on structuring its contractual relationships with distributors in Russia, various competition issues, the implementation in Russia of an agreement with the European Commission related to the smuggling of products, the implementation in Russia of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and associated legal remedies, and on various other issues, including large-scale competition litigation
- a major international brewing company in a FAS cartel investigation related to an alleged price collusion
Tomsk State University, Law Degree, 2005