Charbel Atallah focuses his practice on corporate finance and commercial matters, particularly international and regional mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate setups, United Arab Emirates regulatory, commercial agency, employment and IP matters. He regularly advises on UAE and DIFC law and works with various UAE regulatory bodies, including the Ministries and the local and free zone authorities.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Atallah was an associate in the Dubai office of an international law firm.
- A major airline carrier in the Gulf Cooperation Council on its restructuring and privatization—the first privatization in the jurisdiction.*
- The largest Middle East bank on the $550 million sale of a significant stake in its credit card processing subsidiary to a GCC base buy-out fund. This was one of the largest regional private equity deals in 2010.*
- A regional telecommunications company on the sale of a significant stake to large European telecommunications company. This was one of the largest M&A deals in the region.*
- A Bahrain-based investment bank in the acquisition of a 100% stake in an IT company established in a RAK free zone, UAE.*
- A large iron and steel UAE-based company on the proposed sale of a minority stake to a large Asia-based iron and steel manufacturer.*
- An investment fund in the acquisition of a minority stake in an international luxury fashion design company.*
- A major U.S. investment company on its acquisition of the largest dry cleaning company in the UAE.*
- A major U.S. pharmaceutical company on its acquisition of a pharmaceutical company in the Dubai Health Care City free zone in Dubai—the first transaction of its kind.*
- A major European investment company on the first acquisition of an IT company in the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Dechert.
Lebanese University Faculty of Law, B.A., 2003