Hans Stamm, Rechtsanwalt and qualified tax attorney, advises on private funds (with a focus on renewable energy, debt, real estate and private equity funds) and structured asset management products (e.g. fund linked derivatives, ETFs and insurance wrappers), including on the legal and tax structuring and marketing of such products. He also focuses his practice on private debt and structured financing transactions, including CLO, leasing and asset based financing for renewable energy, real estate and aviation projects and bank regulatory capital transactions. Mr. Stamm’s clients include fund sponsors and asset management companies, investment banks and institutional investors.
Mr. Stamm is recommended as a leading lawyer in the area of Investment Funds: Fund Formation and Tax in Germany by leading independent directories, including Chambers Europe, JUVE, Legal Experts and Chambers Global, which noted in its 2013 edition that he is especially recognized for his tax expertise in investment funds. In 2012, PLC Which Lawyer? recommended him as a tax expert for investment funds in Germany. Best Lawyers in Germany 2014 listed him among the leading lawyers in the area of Tax.
Mr. Stamm is a frequent speaker and contributor to magazines on tax and regulatory issues of private funds and of structured investment products. He is also a co-author of a leading German publication on private debt financing.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Stamm was a partner from 2000-2009 in the banking practice of Clifford Chance, and from 1994-1999 he worked in Munich and New York in the financial services group of Deloitte (where he also worked at an affiliated law firm as a partner for two years).
- German fund sponsors on the structuring of renewable energy and debt funds and the investment-structuring of such funds, including the set up of a Luxembourg fund investing in German, Italian and French solar and wind energy projects;
- A leading global alternative investment manager on the structuring of fund linked notes referenced to a PE fund of funds and to hedge funds;
- A U.S. investment manager on the structuring and implementation of a real estate lending platform into Germany;
- A large German bank on the structuring and offering of a multi aircraft lease portfolio fund; and
- Various international fund managers on the structuring and offering to German retail and institutional investors of international real estate, debt and private equity fund of funds.
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 1992