Ian A. Hartman represents public and private corporations, special committees, and venture capital firms in corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Hartman has extensive experience advising on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, bank financings, venture capital investments, proxy contests, corporate governance, corporate restructurings and matters related to federal securities law and Pennsylvania corporate law.
Mr. Hartman has been recognized for his work in capital markets: high-yield debt offerings and in mergers and acquisitions by The Legal 500, a legal directory based on the opinions of clients and peers, where he is cited as "a very strong adviser." He is also listed among the Best Lawyers in America for his work in leveraged buyouts and private equity law. In addition, he was selected as one of the finalists for the 2012 40 Under 40 Central M&A Advisor Recognition Awards.
- The Dow Chemical Company in its acquisition of Lightscape Materials, Inc., a research company with intellectual property in specialty phosphor technology, from investors including SRI International and Wisepower
- The independent directors of the board of ING Direct in its $9 billion sale to Capital One Financial Corporation
- NCO Group, Inc. in its merger with APAC Customer Services to create Expert Global Solutions, a leading provider of business process outsourcing services with combined revenues of approximately $2 billion
- Erie Indemnity Company, a NASDAQ-listed multi-line insurance company, in the $293 million sale of property and casualty insurers to Erie Insurance Exchange and the $82 million sale of interests in Erie Family Life Insurance Company to Erie Insurance Exchange
- Adolor Corporation, a NASDAQ-listed pharmaceutical company, in its sale by tender offer to Cubist Pharmaceuticals, which included cash and contingent value right consideration of up to $415 million
- Trion Group Inc. in its sale to Marsh & McLennan Agency
- The Board of Directors of Intellon Corporation, a NASDAQ-listed semiconductor company, in Intellon's $244 million stock-and-cash merger with Atheros Communications, Inc.
- Harleysville National Corporation, a bank holding company with $5.6 billion in assets, in its merger with First Niagara Financial Group, Inc.
- Tory Burch LLC in the minority investment by Tresalia Capital, a private family investment company based in Mexico City
- Crown Holdings, Inc. in numerous domestic and international transactions, including the issuance of $400 million principal amount of senior notes, tender offer for outstanding €460 first priority notes issued by Crown European Holdings SA, and the $750 million sale of Crown's plastic closures business to Paris-based PAI Partners, which involved 29 plants in 15 countries
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. in the $425 million equity investment by Leonard Green & Partners
- The Special Committee of Arrow International, Inc. in its $2 billion merger with Teleflex Incorporated and the proxy contest to elect directors to the Arrow board
- Florida Health Plan Administrators, LLC, the owner of Vista Healthplans, a private, Florida-based diversified health plan serving approximately 295,000 members, in its $685 million sale to Coventry Health Care
- Great-West Lifeco Inc., an affiliate of the Power Corporation of Canada, in its $3.9 billion acquisition of Putnam Investments from Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1994
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1998, Magna cum laude