R. Jeffrey Legath advises clients on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) compliance and filing requirements, and a variety of other corporate matters. He represents private equity sponsors, including Graham Partners, Citigroup Venture Capital /Court Square Capital Partners, Versa Capital Management, RAF Industries and their respective portfolio companies, in numerous transactions across a wide range of industries.
Mr. Legath also serves as lead advisor for strategic clients in M&A transactions, including extensive work for The Brickman Group.
Mr. Legath has been listed for private equity buyouts by legal directory The Legal 500, where he has been described as “outstanding” and praised for being an “excellent negotiator” with a “good strategic approach,” and “adept at finding solutions.”
- Graham Partners in its $2.25 billion acquisition (along with Apollo Management, L.P.) of BPC Holding Corporation (parent of Berry Plastics Corporation)
- The Brickman Group, Ltd. in its billion dollar plus recapitalization sponsored by Leonard Green & Partners
- Graham Partners in its acquisitions of Infiltrator Systems, Inc., TransAxle LLC, Atlas Aerospace, LLC and Vitron Acquisition LLC, B&B Electronics Manufacturing Company, SP Industries, Eberle Design, Mitten Inc., Henry Company and Universal Cold Storage, LLC and Universal Pasteurization Company, LLC, in its dispositions of Dynojet and Mitten Inc. and in several add-on acquisitions for its portfolio companies
- Versa Capital Management in its acquisition, together with Crystal Capital, of Bob’s Stores from The TJX Companies
- Citigroup Venture Capital and Euramax International in the $1.05 billion sale of Euramax International to Goldman Sachs Capital Partners
- Bruckman, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. and Real Mex Restaurants, Inc. in the $360 million sale of Real Mex Restaurants to Sun Capital Partners
- Apax Partners in its sale of Princeton Softech, a licensor of database archiving software, to IBM
- Citigroup Venture Capital and Quadrangle Capital Partners in connection with a 144A sale of nTelos Holdings Corp. senior floating rate notes, nTelos’ $172.6 million initial public offering and recapitalization and nTelos’ $200 million secondary offering of common stock sold by Citigroup Venture Capital and Quadrangle Capital Partners, as well as representing Citigroup Venture Capital in its subsequent $146.5 million sale of nTelos common stock to Quadrangle Capital Partners
- RAF Industries, Inc. in its private equity acquisitions of numerous companies including Cool Gear International, Geo-Solutions, Earth Tech, LLC, Spellbinders Paper Arts Company, LLC, Weldship Industries, Pine Environmental Services, Inc. and Milspray LLC and its dispositions of Weldship Industries and Pine Environmental Service, Inc.
Mr. Legath also represents numerous strategic buyers and sellers in their acquisitions and securities offerings, including Clement Pappas & Company and its shareholders in its $390 million sale to Lassonde Industries, Captiva Software Corporation in its $275 million public company merger transaction with EMC Corporation as well as numerous acquisition transactions involving The Brickman Group, Ltd. Mr. Legath’s work also includes advising SEC registrants and public company shareholders, including Value Act Capital, in periodic SEC disclosure filings and share ownership reports and complicated compliance issues under Sections 16 and 13 of the Exchange Act.
Duke University, B.A., 1995, Summa cum laude
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1998