Jeremy Trinder focuses his practice on real estate finance and structured finance, principally commercial mortgage-backed securities and residential mortgage-backed securities, restructuring and other structured and general finance matters.
In the structured finance sector, Mr. Trinder has advised arrangers, issuers and originators on CMBS and RMBS transactions; originators regarding whole loan sales and the warehousing of residential mortgages; and hedge funds on the acquisition of residential mortgage backed securities. He also advises originators in relation to securitisation and warehousing of auto-loans and other receivables, and a major international ratings agency in relation to CMBS transactions.
Mr. Trinder also has experience acting for originators of commercial mortgage loans, and has advised servicers, special servicers, issuers, originators and borrowers on restructurings, including the restructuring of large real estate loans, CMBS and RMBS, the sale of NPLs, and in relation to waivers, standstills and amendments.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Trinder was a partner in the banking and capital markets practice of an international law firm.
- RBS in relation to the restructuring of a circa €900 million loan secured over a German real estate portfolio.*
- CBRE in relation to the restructuring of a circa €2.3 billion loan secured over a German real estate portfolio.*
- UBS/SNB Stabfund in relation to the origination and restructuring of a circa €200 million loan secured over a Finnish real estate portfolio.*
- Residential Capital in the sale of its UK, German and Dutch residential mortgage businesses and mortgage portfolios to Fortress.*
- Investec as originator/arranger in relation to several UK RMBS transactions.*
- Investec in relation to the sale of more than £2 billion of residential mortgage portfolios.*
- GMAC-RFC in relation to the warehousing of more than £2 billion of residential mortgage loans.*
- ABN AMRO/RBS in relation to the origination of more than €1 billion of commercial mortgage loans secured over real estate in Germany, Finland and the UK.*
- Several borrowers in relation to the restructuring of commercial real estate loans.*
- Close Brothers in relation to the securitisation of £500 million of auto-loan receivables.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Dechert.
University College London, LL.B. (Hons), 1995
Inns of Court School of Law, Bar Vocational Course, 1996
England and Wales