Karen Daly’s practice includes the litigation and arbitration of complex commercial disputes and defense of securities and consumer class action lawsuits. She has argued appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and before the Pennsylvania and Maryland state appellate courts and has represented clients in motions practice and evidentiary hearings in the federal and state courts.
Ms. Daly’s pro bono work includes representation of the City of Philadelphia Board of Ethics in litigation matters and participation in an appellate law project with the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Represents Crown Holdings and individual officers and directors in a Section 11 securities class action stemming from the spin-off and initial public offering of PET packaging subsidiary.
- Represents JPMorgan Chase and affiliates against mortgage lending class action lawsuits and recently negotiated favorable settlement of a putative class action brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully defended Swiss bank in arbitration and litigation against account holders’ claims that bank was negligent and/or involved in fraud committed by third-party investment advisor.
- Represented telecommunications company against coordinated, multi-jurisdiction campaign of consumer fraud class action lawsuits and achieved dismissal of lawsuits brought in the federal district courts in Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
- Represented Bear Stearns, JPMorgan Chase, and Morgan Stanley against fraud and other claims brought in Pennsylvania state court following the bankruptcy of mortgage lender American Business Financial Services, Inc.
- Achieved reversal of client’s extortion conviction following argument before Maryland’s state supreme court.
The George Washington University, B.A., 1997, Summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2000, Cum laude
United States District Court for the District of Maryland
United States District Court for the District of Columbia
District of Columbia
Honorable Louis F. Oberdorfer, United States District Court for the District of Columbia