Linda C. Goldstein is Co-Leader of Dechert’s white collar and securities litigation practice. She is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses her practice on securities fraud claims and other complex civil and commercial litigation matters.
Ms. Goldstein frequently advises on a broad range of securities matters, including claims brought by institutional investors, class actions, major customer arbitrations and regulatory investigations. She also handles cases involving actions against foreign sovereigns and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Legal 500 2013 recognizes Ms. Goldstein as a top securities litigator. She is also described in Benchmark Litigation 2014 as “an exceptionally smart and diligent lawyer.” Super Lawyers has named her as a top securities litigator since its rankings began.
*Matter handled prior to joining Dechert
- The defendants in U.S. v. Deutsche Bank AG et al., in which the federal government sought over $1 billion in damages for alleged fraud in the issuance of federally insured residential mortgage loans.
- A specialty investment bank defending misrepresentation claims arising from the issuance of a fairness opinion.
- An asset manager defending claims arising from the default of a structured investment vehicle (SIV).
- Bank of America in a multi-district securities litigation arising from the Parmalat fraud, the largest corporate fraud in European history.*
- A major international investment bank in defense against securities fraud claims arising out of the sale of principal-protected CDO equity to a financial institution.*
- The Brunei Investment Agency and its subsidiaries in recovery of more than $500 million in misappropriated assets.*
- Société Générale in customer arbitrations arising from a $200 million Ponzi scheme by a retail branch manager.*
- A Fortune 25 consumer products company in a case seeking payment on letters of credit that a Serbian bank refused to pay as a result of U.S. trade sanctions, resulting in a jury award of all damages sought.*
- Death row prisoner Derek Barnabei in a multi-pronged legal and media effort to reverse his death sentence, successfully obtaining DNA testing of biological evidence.*
Yale University, B.A., 1981, magna cum laude
Yale Law School, J.D., 1985, Recipient of the Potter Stewart Moot Court and Caskey Barristers’ Union Prizes
Honorable Robert L. Carter, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Vice- Chair, Federal Bar Foundation (2009 to date)
Chair, Second Circuit Courts Committee, Federal Bar Council (2013 to date)
Co-Chair of Woman Advocate Committee, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation (2003-2005)