Dechert’s skilled M&A litigation lawyers represent market leaders in every facet of the merger world, handling all types of change of control transaction litigation. Our clients include acquirers, sellers, bidders, corporate officers and directors, special board committees, investment banks and advisers, venture capitalists, individual investors, private equity firms, hedge funds and other stakeholders in litigation related to a broad range of matters. These include:
- Corporate takeovers
- Corporate governance
- Product liability issues
- Bankruptcies and restructurings
- Investment management
- Tortious interference litigation
- Proxy contests
- Valuation proceedings
- Dissenter’s rights proceedings
- Shareholder class actions and injunctions
- Auction-related litigation
- Material adverse change/material adverse event litigation
- Purchase price adjustment disputes
- Breach of warranties or representations
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Securities and investor fraud
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Post-closing disputes
We regularly represent a variety of merger participants in both federal and state courts throughout the country, including the Delaware Court of Chancery, in disputes arising from their actions, as well in SEC and stock exchange inquiries and investigations arising out of corporate mergers and acquisitions. We also assist clients in resolving disputes using arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Dechert’s white collar defense and securities enforcement and securities and shareholder litigation groups' partners often work collaboratively in these matters with our transactional securities and broker-dealer lawyers to assure that all of the issues are addressed by the most skilled and knowledgeable counsel in a cost-effective manner.
Dechert is also often retained by potential investors and acquirers to evaluate complex tort, environmental and other litigation risks facing their targets.