Mark P. DiPerna focuses his practice on white collar and securities litigation and commercial litigation.
Mr. DiPerna has represented companies in complex commercial litigation, state and federal securities litigation, and consumer class actions.
- Currently representing OppenheimerFunds, Inc., and its senior officers and directors, in multi-billion dollar MDL proceedings asserting claims by investors in seven municipal bond funds that invested in inverse floating rate securities and other allegedly volatile and illiquid securities
- Currently defending officers, directors and holding company in investor class and individual actions arising out of the massive fraud perpetrated by Bernard L. Madoff
- Currently representing one of the country's leading mutual fund complexes and its senior directors and officers in investor class actions claiming over $2 billion in losses suffered on fixed income fund investments concentrated in credit default swaps, total return swaps and various forms of commercial mortgage backed securities
- Currently representing Google Inc. in a putative nationwide consumer class action pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, based on allegations concerning alleged problems with the Google phone manufactured and marketed by Google, T-Mobile and HTC Corp.
- Represented leading national cable provider in consumer class action suit alleging violations of California's Unfair Competition Law
- Defended private real estate equity firm in action alleging breach of contract and other commercial litigation claims in the Delaware Court of Chancery
Boston College, B.A., 2003, magna cum laude
University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude, member of the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal (2007-08), member of the Hastings August A. Rendigs Jr. National Product Liability Moot Court Competition Team (Spring 2007), recipient of the Witkin Award in Federal Income Tax
United States District Court for the Northern District of California