Michael Park focuses his practice on litigation and securities enforcement matters. He has substantial experience representing clients in federal and state courts and before the SEC, FINRA, and other regulators in a wide range of subject areas, including securities, criminal, commercial, administrative, constitutional, and international law.
Mr. Park's previous experiences include serving as an Attorney-Adviser in the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Legal Counsel, where he advised executive branch officials on a variety of complex matters involving constitutional and administrative law and coordinated responses to congressional investigations. Mr. Park received the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s “2013 Best Lawyers Under 40” award recognizing attorneys who have achieved prominence in the practice of law while demonstrating an unwavering dedication to the Asian Pacific American community.
In addition, Mr. Park was previously an associate in the litigation and securities enforcement departments of an international law firm.
- Representing Wall Street banks, hedge funds, and individuals in connection with insider trading investigations and other regulatory inquiries.
- Representing a telecommunications company in a confidential business action filed under seal in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented Deutsche Bank in a False Claims Act lawsuit brought by the Department of Justice.
- Represented Rubin Schron, a New York real estate investor, in a complex civil dispute over control of a major nursing-home company.
- Represented Oppenheimer Funds in securities class actions relating to prospectus disclosures about municipal securities investments.
- Represented a company in connection with an FCPA investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a pay-to-play investigation by the SEC.
- Represented Credit Suisse in class action litigation relating to IPOs of technology companies.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with market-timing investigations by the New York Attorney General, the SEC, and the NYSE.
- Represented individuals in criminal investigations by federal and state prosecutors.
- Coordinated Department of Justice responses to congressional inquiries.
Princeton University, A.B., 1998, magna cum laude, Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs, certificate in Engineering Management Systems
Yale Law School, J.D., 2001, Managing Editor of the Yale Law Journal, finalist for the Benjamin Cardozo Brief Writing Prize in Moot Court
Supreme Court of the United States
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
Honorable Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Supreme Court of the United States
Honorable Samuel A. Alito, Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Asian American Bar Association of New York
Supreme Court Historical Society, Board of Trustees
Operation Exodus Inner City, Board of Directors