Nicola Mariani focuses his practice on local and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, complex commercial matters and joint ventures as well as commercial arbitration and pre-litigation negotiations.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Mariani served as a local partner with an international law firm for six years, dividing his time between the Tbilisi office and Paris office. Previously, he served in the corporate and international arbitration departments of a magic circle firm in Paris.
- M1 Group in the acquisition of Façonnable.*
- A French energy company in the acquisition of a gas-fired electrical plant.*
- A financial institution in the negotiation of its title sponsorship agreement with an F1 racing team.*
- An energy company in the acquisition of petroleum-related assets.*
- A leading tire manufacturer in its supply agreements.*
- A major oil company in the acquisition of a listed company in France.*
- A major telecom company in its potential acquisition of a listed company in France.*
- A major pulp and paper company in the divestment of assets in France.*
- The Government of Georgia in connection with its annulment proceedings and revision proceedings before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in respect of an award against Georgia relating to a joint venture agreement and a related concession to develop oil and gas transportation systems in Georgia, and the successful settlement of this matter.*
- The Government of Georgia in connection with proceedings brought before the English High Court in respect of claims under various contracts for the delivery of equipment, and the successful settlement of this matter.*
- Georgian Railway LLC in connection with its issuance of US$250 million 9.875% Notes due 2015. The transaction marked the first-ever international debt offering by Georgian Railway LLC.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Dechert.
Jean de Brébeuf College, Degree in Humanities
OAS International Law Course, Brazil, 1999
University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, LL.L., Civil Law, 1999
University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, LL.B., Common Law, 2000
National School of Public Administration, M.P.A., 2001
American Chamber of Commerce in Georgia (Tbilisi)
Association des Avocats au Barreau du Québec en France (Tbilisi)
Chambers of Commerce in France and Italy (Paris)
French Business Council (Tbilisi)
Member of the Advisory Board, Free University (Tbilisi)