Robert H. Ledig advises financial institutions on corporate, regulatory, enforcement, and litigation issues. He previously served as an attorney in the Office of the General Counsel of the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, where he was responsible for regulatory policy matters.
Mr. Ledig has been recognized for his work in Financial Services: Banking (Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations) by Chambers USA, a referral guide for leading lawyers in the United States based on the opinions of the peers and clients. In its 2012 edition, Chambers noted that he is “a very intelligent lawyer who is very good at making sure nuances are not overlooked."
Prior to joining Dechert, he was a corporate partner in the Washington office of a large international law firm.
Binghamton University State University of New York, Harpur College, 1979, With honors
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1982, With honors
District of Columbia
Adjunct faculty member, George Mason University Law School, where he has taught classes on privacy and information security, electronic financial services, and banking law
Chaired or served on numerous American Bar Association Committees, including the Electronic Financial Services Subcommittee of the Cyberspace Committee, the Y2K Joint Task Force of the Cyberspace Law and the Business Litigation Committees, and the Task Force on Stored-Value Cards
Publications and Lectures
Mr. Ledig is a frequent author and speaker on issues regarding financial institutions. He has written numerous articles for publications including American Banker, The Business Lawyer, BNA's Banking Report, Electronic Banking Law and Commerce Report, and Global eCommerce Law and Business Report. He also served as a reviewer for a study by the Congressional Budget Office entitled “Emerging Electronic Methods for Making Retail Payments.”
- Editor, co-author, Dechert LLP’s Analysis of Financial Regulatory Reform for American Bankers Association (2010)
- Co-author, The Bank Holding Company Guide: New Rules of the Road for Banks and their Investors (2009)
- Co-author, Equity Investments and Controlling Acquisitions Involving U.S. Financial Institutions (2007)
- Co-author, Banker’s Pocket Guide to Information Security (2005)
- Co-author, 21st Century Money, Banking & Commerce (1998)
- Co-author, The Fair Lending Guide (1995)
- Co-author, The Management of Risks Created by Internet-Initiated Value Transfers (1995)
- Co-author, Contracting with the RTC and FDIC (1991)