Ms. Reliford concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on the financial services industry. Accordingly, Ms. Reliford has assisted in the litigation of a broad range of complex disputes involving class action claims, multi-jurisdictional proceedings, and regulatory action. Ms. Reliford is actively involved in firm citizenship at Dechert and has served as a member of Dechert’s Summer Committee and Hiring Committee for the Philadelphia office, as well as Dechert’s Women Lawyers Initiative and Asian Attorney Affinity Group.
- Representation of former CEO of a futures commission merchant (“FCM”) in proceedings, both civil and regulatory, arising from the FCM’s collapse.
- Representation of large commercial bank in high-profile, multi-billion-dollar lender liability suit, involving parallel mortgage foreclosure and threatened bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of investment adviser in third-party indemnification suit arising from an investment in debt issued by a structured investment vehicle, Sigma Finance, Ltd.
- Representation of a Philadelphia law firm and non-profit resulting in the dismissal at the pleadings stage of the Dragonetti claims against them arising from the “kids-for-cash” scandal in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
- Representation of a Philadelphia law firm defending against claims arising from the failure of a mortgage originator and servicing company.
- Representation of a Philadelphia law firm in state and federal court defending against various state law tort claims arising from investments in uncollected medical accounts receivable.
Williams College, B.A., 2004, cum laude
University of Pennsylvania, J.D., 2007
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honorable Marvin Katz, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honorable Thomas N. O'Neill, Jr., United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Honorable Cynthia M. Rufe, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Co-Chair, William College Alumni Association of Philadelphia