Stephen M. Leitzell advises clients on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, financings and public company reporting and governance issues. His clients are varied, including public and privately-held corporations, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies. He also has experience across a wide range of industries, most significantly in the health care and technology sectors.
In addition, Mr. Leitzell advises clients in complying with their disclosure and other obligations under the federal securities laws.
He was selected as one of the finalists for the 2012 40 Under 40 Central M&A Advisor Recognition Awards. He has also been listed as a leading lawyer for capital markets: high yield debt offerings and for mergers and acquisitions in legal directory The Legal 500, which noted that he “gives very consistent and capable help.”
In 2014, Mr. Leitzell was part of the Dechert team that received “Standout” recognition in the Financial Times’ North America Innovative Lawyers 2014 awards. The team was recognized for its innovative representation of the Certares-led investor group in its joint venture with American Express Company for its Global Business Travel division valued at US$1.8 billion and related US$900 million investment.
- The Certares-formed investor group in connection with its joint venture with American Express Company for its Global Business Travel division and related US$900 million investment.
- Randstad Holding nv in its US$770 million cross-border acquisition via tender offer of U.S.-based SFN Group, Inc.
- Versa Capital Management in its acquisition of Eastern Mountain Sports.
- Actua Corporation, formerly known as ICG Group, Inc., on the US$375 million sale of Procurian, Inc. to Accenture plc, the US$125 million sale of Channel Intelligence to Google, Inc. and its $US199 million purchase of FolioDynamix.
- Berwind Group in its acquisition of Oliver Products Company, which was awarded “2012 Deal of the Year Award” (Between US$250mm and US$500mm) by The M&A Advisor.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Westway Group, Inc. in the US$419 million sale of Westway to EQT Infrastructure II Limited Partnership and the US$112 million sale of Westway’s liquid feed supplement business to ED&F Man Holdings Limited.
- B&G Foods, Inc. in its US$195 million acquisition of Robert’s American Gourmet Food, LLC dba Pirate Brands, maker of Pirate’s Booty, its US$155 million acquisition of Specialty Brands of America, Inc. and its acquisition of Rickland Orchards LLC.
- Kinray, Inc. in its US$1.3 billion sale to Cardinal Health.
- American Sporting Goods Corporation in its US$145 million sale to Brown Shoe Company, Inc.
- Select Medical Corporation in its: offering of US$600 million 6.375% senior notes and US$110 million of additional senior notes; US$300 million initial public offering; US$2.3 billion leveraged. buyout by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe; US$1.15 billion senior secured credit facility; US$210 million purchase of Regency Hospital Company, L.L.C.; and several other M&A transactions, financings and investments.
- MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. in its US$73.6 million initial public offering, subsequent secondary offerings, US$47 million acquisition of UK-based Centaur Services Limited, US$60 million purchase of the assets of Micro Beef Technologies, Ltd. and US$67.5 million purchase of the assets of IVESCO Holdings LLC.
- US Ecology, Inc. in its US$96.5 million follow-on public offering of common stock.
- One Equity Partners in its US$465 million acquisition, along with Carlson Companies, of France-based Accor’s 50-percent interest in Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel in its acquisition of Israel-based Worldmate, Inc.
- Worldspan, L.P. and its selling stockholders, Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners, L.P. and Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, in its US$1.4 billion sale to an affiliate of Travelport Ltd., as well as its previous self tender and simultaneous offering under Rule 144A of US$300 million of second lien, senior secured floating rate notes.
- Emtec, Inc. in its numerous acquisitions, financings and joint ventures.
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1996
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1999