William G. Lawlor represents corporate clients, boards of directors, and special committees in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including negotiated and contested transactions.
He also advises clients on securities offerings, proxy contests, and general corporate matters. He is recognized as a leading lawyer for mergers and acquisitions and capital markets in The Legal 500 (USA), which recently described him as “a great negotiator” who is “adept at finding pragmatic solutions.” In addition, he is listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA, a referral guide to leading lawyers in the United States. In a recent edition of Chambers, Mr. Lawlor was cited as “a super tough negotiator and a quick thinker—a lawyer you would follow to any corner of the States.” He has also been recognized as a leader for client service excellence in The BTI Client Service All-Star Team for Law Firms 2011.
- $5.6 billion acquisition, several multi-billion dollar debt restructurings, and a $750 million divestiture by Crown Cork & Seal
- $1 billion divestiture and a $460 million tender offer by Rohm and Haas
- $170 million tender offer and other significant M&A transactions for Siemens AG
- $1 billion tender offer by Dyckerhoff AG
- $550 million IPO and debt placement by Constar International, Inc.
- $255 million acquisition and a $352 million acquisition by Israel Chemicals Ltd.
- Trian Fund Management, L.P. proxy contest to elect directors of HJ Heinz.
- $650 million leveraged recapitalization and a $270 million tender offer by companies associated with the private equity sponsor Bruckmann Rosser & Sherrill
Stanford Law School, J.D., 1980
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1977
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Trustee, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society-Eastern PA Chapter
Chairman's Advisory Council Member and former Director, World Affairs Council of Philadelphia
Member, Board of Advisors, DealLawyers.com