Yevgeniya Nossova focuses her practice on banking, finance and corporate matters and she has particular experience representing clients in the financial services sector. She also advises clients on Kazakhstan anticorruption, antimonopoly, foreign currency and labor law issues. Her experience includes a one-year secondment to the legal department of Chevron.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Nossova was an associate in the Kazakhstan office of an international law firm.
- Kazakhstan Electric Grid Operating Company on its IPO on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange, the first of the country's “People’s IPOs.”*
- A Chinese oil & gas company on its acquisition of three oil & gas fields in Kazakhstan.*
- A European pharmaceutical company on antimonopoly and labor law issues in connection with its acquisition of the controlling stake in a Kazakhstan pharmaceutical company.*
- A Middle Eastern company on the proposed acquisition of assets of a food production company that had been declared bankrupt.*
- Various clients on the due diligence of companies including subsoil users and a real estate company.*
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on its equity investment in a marine services company.*
- KazMicroFinance LLP and ACDI/VOCA (Columbia, USA) on the equity investment by ACDI/VOCA in KazMicroFinance LLP and further reorganization of KazMicroFinance LLP into a Kazakhstan bank.*
- Generali Group on Kazakhstan insurance law requirements pertaining to an indirect acquisition of shares in Kazakhstan insurance company.*
- JPMorgan and Citibank on Kazakhstan law requirements pertaining to various derivative instruments.*
- Standard & Poor’s on the rating of a securitization involving a major Kazakhstan bank.*
- EBRD on the creation of various instruments to secure a $24 million loan to a Kazakhstan marine services company for construction of a marine base.*
- EBRD on the creation of various instruments to secure its $87.8 million loan to KEGOC to finance the construction of the second and third sections of the new North-South 500 kilovolt electricity transmission line.*
- EBRD on the creation of various instruments to secure a $30 million loan to PavlodarEnergo to improve and upgrade PavlodarEnergo’s combined heat and power plant.*
- EBRD on the creation of various instruments to secure a $42 million loan to Karcement to expand and modernize the Karaganda cement plant.*
- Morgan Stanley on the extension of loan facilities to several leading Kazakhstan banks and JSC National Company KazMunayGas.*
- JPMorgan on the offering by Astana Finance B.V. of $175,000,000 9% Eurobonds due 2011 guaranteed jointly by Astana-Finance JSC and Leasing Company Astana-Finance JSC.*
- Citibank on its $30 million loan to Halyk Bank guaranteed by OPIC.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Dechert.
Kazakh State Law Academy, Law Degree, 2002, with honors