Amanda Tuminelli focuses her practice on white collar defense, complex commercial and securities litigation, and government investigations. Her representative matters include cases in state and federal court.
Ms. Tuminelli regularly provides pro bono representation to indigent men and women in criminal matters in federal and state court. In March 2015, she won a complete acquittal in a jury trial in Queens Supreme Court for a pro bono client charged with armed robbery.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Tuminelli interned with the Honorable Henry Pitman of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Honorable J. Michael Ryan of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. While attending Georgetown University Law School, Ms. Tuminelli competed for the Trial Advocacy Division of Barristers’ Council, winning the 2011 William W. Greenhalgh Mock Trial Competition, 2012 Fordham Kelly Trial Competition, and 2013 American College of Trial Lawyers’ National Trial Competition.
- A multinational manufacturing company in connection with class action products liability litigation and multiple related criminal and regulatory investigations.
- The investment advisor of a family of mutual funds in Section 36(b) litigation.
- A healthcare company in connection with federal and state government investigations.
- Seventy-five percent owners of a major real-estate company in dispute with other owner regarding their interest in the company.
- Health insurance company pursuing contract and board rights claim against seller in connection with a corporate transaction, and related litigation before the Delaware Chancery Court.
- Pro bono representations of individuals charged with narcotics conspiracy, tax fraud, and other federal criminal charges, including argument on their behalf at sentencing.
New York University, B.A., 2010, Winner of the American Mock Trial Association National Championship
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013, Georgetown Law Merit Scholar, Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge Honoree
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York