Andrew Harrow advises on a wide range of UK and cross-border transactions including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions (both public and private), reorganisations, privatisations, IPOs and fundraisings for listed and private companies internationally as well as general corporate matters. He has a particular interest in transactions in the life sciences, technology, crowdfunding and insurance sectors.
Mr. Harrow is noted for his private equity work in The Legal 500 UK, 2016 and recommended in The Legal 500 UK, 2015 in the field of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and is also described as "brilliant” with respect to M&A work.
Mr. Harrow trained with the firm, qualifying as a solicitor in 2002.
- The Shareholders of XO1 Limited (including Index Ventures) on the sale of XO1 Limited to Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
- Index Ventures, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, SM Trust and Vitruvian Partners (the majority shareholders of leading online takeaway service JustEat.com) in relation to the IPO of JustEat.com on the London Stock Exchange’s High Growth Segment and their subsequent sales of additional shares in JustEat in several tranches by way of various accelerated bookbuild processes.
- The Shareholders of biopharmaceutical company Covagen AG in relation to the sale of Covagen to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
- ProFibrix B.V. in connection with its sale to NASDAQ-listed The Medicines Company.
- AIM-listed ACM Shipping Group plc in connection with its £150 million recommended merger with London Stock Exchange Main Market-listed Braemar Shipping Services plc, effected by way of Scheme of Arrangement.
- The Mohamed Al Fayed family trust in connection with the sale of Fulham Football Club to Shahid Khan, the CEO of Flex-N-Gate Group and owner of the NFL team, the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- The founders of an equity crowdfunding platform in connection with the establishment of their crowdfunding business, Venture Founders Limited.
- Tilda Limited, a leading Basmati and specialty rice products company, and its shareholders on the sale of Tilda to NASDAQ-listed Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
- Kofax® Limited, a leading provider of smart process applications for the business-critical First MileTM of customer interactions, on its restructuring proposals creating a new holding company incorporated in Bermuda implemented by way of scheme of arrangement together with new premium listings on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- Shore Capital in connection with the admission of SafeCharge International Group Limited to AIM and its related placing of ordinary shares raising US$125 million.
- Spark Advisory Partners Limited, as nominated adviser, and WH Ireland Limited and Whitman Howard Limited, as joint brokers, on the admission to trading on AIM of IMIMobile plc.
- NYSE-listed FMC Corporation in its acquisition of Phytone Ltd., a natural colours producer based in the United Kingdom.
- PhotoBox, Europe’s largest online photo processing service, on its £120 million acquisition of Moonpig.com Limited and related group reorganisation, debt and equity financing.
- Auven Therapeutics on its acquisition of Spirogen and the subsequent sale of Spirogen to Medimmune/AstraZeneca.
- Insurecom (Bermuda) Limited, on the sale to Applied Systems, Inc. of its UK software and connectivity solutions business.
- Liberty plc, the iconic Regent Street retail business, and its majority shareholder MWB Group Holdings plc in connection with its £71.5million takeover by BlueGem Capital Partners LLP.
- ACM Shipping Group plc in connection with its acquisition of an Australian ship broking company and various joint venture arrangements in the United Kingdom, India, China and Singapore.
- The Republic of Serbia and Nomura, as financial advisor, on the privatisation of Vojvodjanska Banka Novi Sad and its €385 million sale to The National Bank of Greece.
- Aragata Holdings Limited on the sale of a 50% interest (and related joint venture) in the Port of Rostock to Babcock and Brown Infrastructure and subsequent sale of the remaining 50% to Euroports.
- The Crown Estate in connection with its £680 million joint venture with British Land Co. plc.
- Pitney Bowes Inc. in connection with its US$41 million acquisition of a UK software company.
- CRC Industries Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the assets of a UK chemicals business.
- The Shareholders of Harman, Wicks & Swayne Limited in connection with the sale of HWS Holdings Limited to Jardine Lloyd Thompson.
- Altima Partners, as sponsor, and Campos Verdes Ltd. on its US$613.2 million business combination with El Tejar SAACEI to form El Tejar Limited, one of the leading agribusinesses in Latin America.
- Capital Z Partners LP in connection with its acquisition from 3i plc of its interest in Jelf Group plc and associated subscription for new shares in Jelf Group plc.
- The management team of Blue Ocean Associates in connection with their management buy out backed by Ion Private Equity.
- Nomura Code Securities in relation to Silence Therapeutic plc’s merger with Intradigm Corporation and its placing and offer for a subscription of shares.
St. John’s College, Oxford, B.A., Geography
Nottingham Law School, Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, 1998
Nottingham Law School, LPC, 1999
England and Wales