Craig P. Druehl has substantial experience representing ad hoc groups and official committees of creditors, as well as lenders and other creditors in out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 and 15 cases. In addition, he represents companies in out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 cases, acquirers of assets in Chapter 11 cases, and parties to bankruptcy litigation. Mr. Druehl is recognized as a rising star for restructuring and insolvency by IFLR 1000, and is a recommended lawyer for corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy) in The Legal 500 (US), which recently described him as “practical and thorough.”
- The ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the cross-border restructuring of defaulted senior notes issued by Vitro S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexican glass manufacturer. Dechert was lead U.S. counsel to the noteholders in connection with Vitro’s concurso proceeding in Mexico, Chapter 15 cases in Dallas, Texas, and litigation in New York Supreme Court.
- The agent for the second lien lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Boston Generating LLC.
- Noteholders in the Chapter 11 case of Station Casinos Inc.
- Senior secured noteholders in the out of court financial restructuring of Cleveland Unlimited.
- Noteholders and the successful plan proponents in the Chapter 11 case of Greektown Casino.
- Noteholders in the prepackaged Chapter 11 case of Simmons Bedding.
- The ad hoc committee of noteholders in the prepackaged Chapter 11 case of CIT Group Funding.
- The official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of Constar International.
- The agent for the second lien lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Motor Coach Industries.
- Noteholders in out-of-court restructuring of ExpressJet.
- Successful plan proponent in Chapter 11 case of Scotia Pacific and Pacific Lumber.
- Certain noteholders in Chapter 11 case of Delphi Corporation.
- The ad hoc committee of claims holders in the Chapter 11 case of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of New York.
- The ad hoc committee of claims holders in the Chapter 11 case of Northwest Airlines Corporation.
- The ad hoc committee of senior secured convertible noteholders in the Chapter 11 case of Silicon Graphics.
- A biopharmaceutical company in an out of court restructuring of its convertible subordinated debentures.
Middlebury College, B.A., 1994, cum laude
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude, Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar, Case & Note Editor of the American Journal of Law & Medicine
Judicial Intern, Honorable James F. Queenan of U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
American Bankruptcy Institute
American Bar Association
Association of the Bar of the City of New York