Elizabeth Alibhai focuses her practice on real estate and real estate finance matters. She advises funds, property companies, corporate investors and financial institutions on a variety of real estate matters including acquisitions and divestments, sales and leasebacks and opco/propco structures, portfolio management, joint ventures, corporate support, cross-border transactions, developments and real estate financing. Ms. Alibhai's transactional experience spans a broad range of industry sectors from children's nurseries and residential care homes to hotels and food technology.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Alibhai was an associate at another international law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Advised Gores Group on the real estate aspects of a joint venture with Premier Foods to take a controlling stake in British bakery business, Hovis (35 sites).
- Providence Equity Partners on the property aspects of its acquisition of the Ambassador Entertainment Group, the world’s leading theatre group (40 venues).
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of Busy Bees childcare day nurseries, and subsequent property financing.
- A private equity fund on its bid for a major residential care group.
- Lion/Findus Foods on its pre-pack acquisition of Cumbrian Seafoods (UK’s leading seafood company).
- A leading figure in the art world on the acquisition of a former factory in London for development into a flagship artists’ studio.
- Numerous lettings including acting for GE on the lease of a site to Crossrail for infrastructure project.
- Home Delivery Network on acquisition of DHL Domestic, which included the transfer of properties across 46 sites and subsequent property financing.
- MF Global on the re-organisation and wind-up of its UK property interests.
- Wells Fargo in connection with a “hunting licence” facility to a commercial real estate fund, supporting their investment in UK-wide real estate assets.
Nottingham University, B.A., English/Philosophy, 2001
City University, CPE, 2003
BPP Law School, LPC, 2004
England and Wales
Commercial Real Estate Legal Association
IFLA Women in Business Group