Giovanni M. Insana focuses his practice on the representation of domestic and international clients in a broad range of industries in connection with private and public domestic, cross-border and global mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private investments and securities transactions. He also has experience representing clients in a variety of other matters, including bank financings, securitizations, corporate finance and public company reporting and governance issues.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Insana served as an associate in the corporate and securities group of a U.S. based law firm. His previous experience also includes working as an associate in the mergers and acquisitions group of another international law firm.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Ipsen S.A. (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) in connection with its proposed cross-border acquisition of global oncology assets from Merrimack Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: MACK) for up to US$1 billion.
- Vector Capital, a global private equity firm focusing on the technology sector, in its cross-border sale of Gerber Technology to American Industrial Partners.
- Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM) in its US$400 million acquisition of Physiotherapy Associates Holdings, Inc.
- Ullink, a portfolio company of HgCapital, in its acquisition of the NYFIX and Metabit units from NYSE Technologies in a cross-border add-on transaction.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its US$300 million acquisition of assets of Bedford Laboratories, a generic sterile injectables company with the third-largest portfolio of generic injectable products in the United States, from Ben Venue Laboratories, Inc., a member of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies.
- Calpine Corporation in its US$1.57 billion sale of six power plants, located in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida and South Carolina and comprising 3,498 MW of combined-cycle generation capacity, to NatGen Southeast Power LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of LS Power Equity Partners III.
- Quad-C JH Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Quad-C Management Inc. and holding company of the Joerns Healthcare business, in its merger-of-equals with WoundCo Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aurora Capital and holding company of the RecoverCare business.
- Fortis Inc.,Canada’s largest investor-owned gas and electric distribution utility, in its US$4.3 billion acquisition of UNS Energy Corporation, an energy holding company headquartered in Tucson, Arizona.
- Jefferies Finance LLC, as lead arranger, in establishing a US$235 million Senior Secured Credit Facility for Bain Capital, LLC in relation to its acquisition of Apple Leisure Group, a wholesale vacation company.
- Iconix Brand Group Inc., a leading consumer brand management company, in its US$1.1 billion securitized note issuance.
- Deutsche Bank AG New York Branch in its US$1.6 billion credit extension to OXEA Chemicals, a German chemicals producer and Portfolio-Company of Advent International Corp., to fund a dividend and repay high-yield bonds.
- Deutsche Bank AG New York Branch, as Administrative Agent, Collateral Agent, Swing Line Lender and L/C Issuer in the US$1.98 billion acquisition of CeramTec, a ceramics manufacturer formerly owned by Rockwood Holdings, by the European private equity firm Cinven.
University of Pittsburgh, B.S., 2009
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012, cum laude, Articles Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law