Lawyers in our Hartford office play a leading role in commercial real estate capital markets, focusing particularly on highly structured and securitized commercial real estate debt assets.
Our Hartford team also delivers practical commercial judgment to the financial services sector. We represent mutual funds, investment advisers, insurance companies, broker-dealers, transfer agents, banks and hedge funds.
The office has also played a key role in many of the firm’s highest-profile appellate cases.
Areas of Focus
Finance and Real Estate
Dechert’s nationally recognized finance and real estate group represents major industry players in structuring, securitizing, managing and servicing complex commercial real estate debt assets.
Finance and real estate lawyers in our Hartford office are recognized for their leadership and experience in Chambers USA, Legal 500 (U.S.) and other industry publications, particularly in the following areas:
- Originating large and complex commercial real estate loans for balance sheet and securitization lenders across the United States.
- Acquiring and disposing of large and complex commercial real estate loans and related tranches secured by commercial real estate across the United States.
- Advising balance sheet lenders and servicers, CMBS master servicers, CMBS special servicers and borrowers in connection with performing, distressed and defaulted commercial real estate loans throughout the United States.
- Resolving issues relating to distressed commercial real estate assets, including workout and restructuring transactions, bankruptcies, mortgage foreclosures, mezzanine foreclosures and other enforcement proceedings on a national stage.
- Forming and advising commercial real estate debt and equity investment funds in connection with commercial real estate across the United States.
Financial Services and Investment Management
Dechert is a leading advisor to asset managers, investment funds and other financial services firms, representing most of the world’s largest asset managers, in addition to smaller and emerging managers. We are the only firm with lawyers in all of the leading investment fund jurisdictions in the European Union, as well as in numerous other financial hubs in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Our lawyers advise on fund formation across the full range of asset classes, management company issues, regulatory and compliance matters, fund and management company transactional matters, commodities and derivatives law, and financial institutions regulation.
Dechert lawyers routinely appear before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Courts of Appeals and state appellate courts. Clients see the benefit in the form of timely advice on appeal viability and in the preparation of briefs and oral arguments in court.
Our experienced lawyers are well-versed in the intricacies of appellate rules. Our U.S. team includes a former assistant solicitor general of the United States, a former assistant attorney general for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel, and a former chief of the Appellate Unit for the U.S. Attorney’s Office the Southern District of New York.