R. Jeffrey Legath advises clients on private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) compliance and filing requirements, and a variety of other corporate matters. He represents private equity sponsors, including Graham Partners, RAF Industries, Stripes Group, and Citigroup and their respective portfolio companies in numerous transactions.
Mr. Legath also serves as lead advisor for strategic clients in M&A transactions for strategic clients across a range of industry sectors, including technology, food and beverage, and business services. Having advised both strategic and private equity clients on transactions, Mr. Legath has a strong command of key negotiation points and deal terms. Mr. Legath's work for strategic clients also includes advising SEC registrants and public company shareholders in periodic SEC disclosure filings and share ownership reports and complicated compliance issues under Sections 16 and 13 of the Exchange Act as well as securities offerings of equity and debt.
Mr. Legath has been listed for private equity buyouts by legal directory The Legal 500, where he has been described as “outstanding” and praised for being an “excellent negotiator” with a “good strategic approach,” and “adept at finding solutions.”
- Graham Partners in its acquisitions of Infiltrator Systems, Inc., TransAxle LLC, Atlas Aerospace, LLC and Vitron Acquisition LLC, B&B Electronics Manufacturing Company, SP Industries, Eberle Design, Mitten Inc., Henry Company, Universal Cold Storage, LLC and Universal Pasteurization Company, LLC and Tidel, Inc.
- The Brickman Group, Ltd. in its US$1.6 billion dollar sale to K.K.R. and its prior billion dollar plus recapitalization sponsored by Leonard Green & Partners, as well as numerous add-on acquisitions prior to the sale of the company.
- Clement Pappas & Company, a food processing and juice bottling company, and its shareholders in its US$390 million sale to Canada-based Lassonde Industries.
- Infiltrator Systems, Inc. (renamed Infiltrator Water Technologies, LLC) in its sale to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and prior significant transactions for Infiltrator, including its acquisition of the septic chamber business of Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- RAF Industries, Inc. in its private equity acquisitions of numerous companies, including Cool Gear International, Freedom Medical, Geo-Solutions, Earth Tech, LLC, Spellbinders Paper Arts Company, Weldship Industries, Steamist, Pine Environmental Services, Inc. and Milspray LLC.
- Stripes Group in its US$50 million investment in Califia Farms.
- Affiliates of HIG Capital as the stalking horse bidder in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Alexander Gallo Holdings, LLC, a privately-owned court reporting and litigation support services company, in connection with the company’s Chapter 11 cases.
- RAF Industries, Inc. and Cool Gear Intenational in the sale of Cool Gear to Igloo Products Corp.
- RAF Industries, Inc. in its dispositions of Weldship Industries and Pine Environmental Services.
- Graham Partners in its dispositions of B+B SmartWorx, Dynojet, Mitten Inc., Eberle Design, Infiltrator and SP Industries, in addition to numerous acquisitions and dispositions for its portfolio companies.
- Express Messenger Systems, Inc. in multiple recapitalization and stock redemption transactions.
- Versa Capital Management in its acquisition, together with Crystal Capital, of Bob’s Stores from The TJX Companies.
- Bruckman, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. and Real Mex Restaurants, Inc. in the US$360 million sale of Real Mex Restaurants to Sun Capital Partners.
- Citigroup Venture Capital and Quadrangle Capital Partners in connection with a 144A sale of nTelos Holdings Corp. senior floating rate notes, nTelos’ US$172.6 million initial public offering and recapitalization and nTelos’ US$200 million secondary offering of common stock sold by Citigroup Venture Capital and Quadrangle Capital Partners, as well as representing Citigroup Venture Capital in its subsequent US$146.5 million sale of nTelos common stock to Quadrangle Capital Partners.
- Graham Partners in its US$2.25 billion acquisition (along with Apollo Management, L.P.) of BPC Holding Corporation (parent of Berry Plastics Corporation).
Duke University, B.A., 1995, summa cum laude
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1998