Mohamed Bouzagou Ouali is an associate in Dechert’s international arbitration group based in Paris. Specializing in both investor-state and commercial arbitrations, he advises and represents sovereign states and corporations and also serves as a tribunal secretary. He has acted in arbitration proceedings under the major arbitral rules (ICSID, UNCITRAL, PCA and ICC) across a broad range of industries, including energy, construction, technology and life sciences.
Mr. Bouzagou Ouali is educated in both civil law and common law jurisdictions. He earned an LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School, a double master’s degree in international business law and legal practice, and a double degree in la (J.D. equivalent) and global governance from Esade Law School in Barcelona. His academic credentials also include exchange programs at Columbia Law School in New York and Peking University Law School in Beijing. He is licensed to practice law in Spain and in France under the Directive 98/5/EC.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Bouzagou Ouali worked for an arbitrator member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration and several top law firms in Frankfurt, Vienna, Geneva, Madrid, London, Brussels and Barcelona. He is actively engaged in the arbitration community, currently serving as a board member of the Esade Alumni Arbitration Chapter and as a coordinator of the Madrid Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (MAD VYAP). He also co-authored a chapter on arbitration agreements in Memento Arbitraje 2020-2021.
Mr. Bouzagou Ouali speaks English, Spanish, French and Catalan, and has a basic knowledge of Arabic. He is a national of Spain and Morocco.
- Sección 1. Convenio arbitral – Co-author, Memento Arbitraje 2020-2021 (June 2020)
- Esade Alumni Arbitration Chapter, board member
- Madrid Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (MAD VYAP), coordinator
- Spanish and Ibero-American Arbitration Club (CEIA) and CEIA-40
- Esade Law School, Degree in Law, 2018, Merit Honors Award, Talent Scholarship
- Esade Law School, Bachelor’s Degree, Global Governance, 2019, Merit Honors Award, Talent Scholarship
- Esade Law School, Master’s Degree, International Business Law, 2021, Professional Council Excellence Award
- Esade Law School, Master’s Degree, Legal Practice, 2021, Professional Council Excellence Award
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., 2023, ”la Caixa” Fellow