Ana Cuartero de Vidiella focuses her practice on international arbitration, acting as counsel to states, state entities and multinational companies in both investment and commercial arbitrations. Ms. Cuartero de Vidiella has also significant experience acting as administrative secretary to arbitral tribunals in ICC, CAM, and CIMA arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Cuartero de Vidiella worked in the international arbitration team of a leading law firm in Paris, where she worked previously as an intern, and assisted several international arbitrators.
- Republic of Colombia against Glencore International A.G., C. I. Prodeco S.A. and Sociedad Portuaria Puerto Nuevo S.A. in an ICSID arbitration arising from the construction and maintenance of a port facility.
- Republic of Argentina against a global energy company in an ICSID arbitration arising out of tariff calculation and adjustment mechanisms affecting several electricity generation companies in Argentina.
- Ecuadorian State national oil company (EP Petroecuador) against oil and gas companies in two UNCITRAL arbitrations arising out of the alleged breach of contracts for the exploitation of several oilfields in the Ecuadorian Amazonian region.
- Republic of Guatemala against a Latin American energy company and its subsidiary in an ICSID arbitration arising from the construction of a major infrastructure project.
- A Bolivian State entity against a commodity trader in an arbitration before the Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA) arising out of an alleged breach of a sale contract for 60,000 metric tons of wheat.
- An Eastern European State against an oil and gas company in an ICC arbitration concerning the supply of oil derivatives.
- A Belgian port operator against the Republic of Uruguay in an investment dispute arising from a concession to operate a terminal in the Port of Montevideo.
- A Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a State-owned oil and gas company from North Africa in gas pricing negotiations arising from a gas purchase agreement and a shareholder agreement.
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against Glencore (Bermuda) Finance in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from the reversion to the State of Bolivia’s largest tin and zinc mine (Colquiri), a tin smelter and an antimony smelter.
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against the succession of a U.S. citizen and the Bolivian company in which he owned a controlling interest in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from a mining concession held by the company in Bolivia.
- The Spanish subsidiary of an American bank against a Spanish bank in an ICC arbitration arising from a Business Transfer Agreement.
- An Italian multinational manufacturer and distributor of electricity and gas against a British oil and gas company in an ICC arbitration arising from a Product Sharing Contract for the development of a gas field in Northern Africa.
- A French company operating in the social vouchers sector against the Republic of Hungary in revision and set aside proceedings following the rendering of an award in an investment dispute arising out of the enactment of legislation granting the State a monopoly over the prepaid corporate vouchers industry.
- A Korean construction company against a Middle Eastern State in an ICSID arbitration arising out of a bidding process for a concession to undertake improvements in a refinery.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Education rights – Worked with a global NGO focused on the defence of children’s rights, especially the right to access equitable, quality education.
- Sciences Po Paris, Bachelor’s Degree, summa cum laude
- Sciences Po Paris, Master, Economic Law