Gilbert Cheng is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Dechert and a member of the firm's financial services group. Mr. Cheng focuses his practice on investment funds. He advises financial institutions and fund managers on fund formation, fund investment, retail fund registration and related regulatory issues. He also has experience assisting clients on the activities throughout the fund lifecycle, including merger and acquisition and fund restructuring.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Cheng was an associate at another international law firm. Previously, Mr. Cheng was an investment analyst at a global investment bank.
- A leading US-based global fintech company on strategic investments in China and Southeast Asia.
- A global investment bank on terms and conditions for receiving client trade orders through an instant messaging platform.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
How Sponsors Can Benefit From Fund Launches Under Hong Kong’s Proposed Limited Partnership Regime, Private Equity Law Report (August 2020)
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, B.S., Economics, 2011
- University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science, B.A.S., Computer Science, 2011
- The University of Hong Kong, J.D., 2015
- The University of Hong Kong, P.C.LL., 2016
- Hong Kong