Kenny Cochran’s practice focuses on complex litigation involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices and consumer products. Mr. Cochran primarily represents manufacturers in class actions, multidistrict litigations and coordinated state court proceedings across the country. He has experience in all stages of litigation including motion practice, depositions, company and expert witness preparation, oral arguments, trial work and appeals.
Before joining Dechert, Mr. Cochran clerked for two years at the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and served as an international law firm associate.
- 3M in what has been characterized as the largest federal multidistrict litigation in history.
- GlaxoSmithKline LLC in litigation where it is alleged that Zantac, an acid-reducing medication, causes various forms of cancer.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in personal injury lawsuits involving their mesh products.
- Manufacturers and service providers in the security alarm and fire suppression industries as primarily responsible attorney for dozens of product liability and tort cases involving wrongful death, substantial property damage and catastrophic bodily injury.
- Pharmaceutical company in mass toxic tort action involving alleged exposure to radiation. Involved in every aspect of litigation, including expert discovery concerning medical causation, source term, air modelling and dose reconstruction.
- Security alarm company in estate and minor’s wrongful death lawsuit involving two issues of first impression under Kansas law. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed complete dismissal.
- Multinational company in admitted-liability automobile accident in Putnam County, New York. Full affirmance of unanimous defense verdict.
- A major multinational corporation in a product liability action where the plaintiff alleged that the client’s talcum-based baby powder products contained asbestos that caused the plaintiff to develop mesothelioma.
- Construction company in case involving allegedly defective design and maintenance of highway system.
- Manufacturer in wrongful death case involving allegedly defective design of air handling unit.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Civil rights – Secured suspension of client’s life sentence to time served, resulting in his immediate release. Obtained settlement for incarcerated client assaulted by prison guards following substantial discovery, evidentiary hearings and briefing.
- Criminal defense – Represented client charged with possession of contraband obtained via an unlawful search and seizure.
- Family law – Served as guardian ad litem to mother who ultimately secured custody of her minor children.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Tort & Trial Section
- International Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Honorable Virginia A. Phillips
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Honorable Mark C. Scarsi
- University of Kansas, B.A., Distinction
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California