Kenny Cochran focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on product liability. Mr. Cochran’s experience includes executing fact and expert discovery, depositions and conducting oral arguments. He has supported trial teams, drafted dozens of dispositive motions and secured rulings from state and federal appellate courts.
Before joining Dechert, Mr. Cochran clerked for two years at the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and served as an international law firm associate.
- Manufacturer in what has been characterized as the largest federal multidistrict litigation in history.
- Getinge AB and Atrium Medical Corporation in personal injury lawsuits involving their mesh products.
- Manufacturers and service providers in the security alarm and fire suppression industries as primarily responsible attorney for dozens of product liability and tort cases involving wrongful death, substantial property damage and catastrophic bodily injury.
- Pharmaceutical company in mass toxic tort action involving alleged exposure to radiation. Involved in every aspect of litigation, including expert discovery concerning medical causation, source term, air modelling and dose reconstruction.
- Security alarm company in estate and minor’s wrongful death lawsuit involving two issues of first impression under Kansas law. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed complete dismissal.
- Multinational company in admitted-liability automobile accident in Putnam County, New York. Full affirmance of unanimous defense verdict.
- Online retailer in cases alleging infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Security alarm company in wrongful death case. U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia dismissed all claims with prejudice.
- Construction company in case involving allegedly defective design and maintenance of highway system.
- Manufacturer in wrongful death case involving allegedly defective design of air handling unit.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Civil rights – Obtained settlement for incarcerated client assaulted by prison guards following substantial discovery, evidentiary hearings and briefing. Currently seeking early release of incarcerated client serving life term.
- Criminal defense – Represented client charged with possession of contraband obtained via an unlawful search and seizure.
- Family law – Served as guardian ad litem to mother who ultimately secured custody of her minor children.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Tort & Trial Section
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Honorable Virginia A. Phillips
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, Honorable Mark C. Scarsi
- University of Kansas, B.A., Distinction
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California