Zita Chan focuses her practice on cross-border corporate work, in matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and restructuring. Ms. Chan has experience working on cross-border matters with clients based in Europe, North America and Southeast Asia. Ms. Chan regularly represents private equity sponsors and clients from the technology sector across a range of jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Chan trained at a reputable English law firm. Ms. Chan also actively engages in Dechert’s pro bono work.
- Variant Equity on its US$305 million acquisition of CompuCom Systems from The ODP Corporation.
- Public Indonesian Oil and Gas Company on its US$1.35 billion acquisition of Indonesian oil and gas assets from a multinational energy and gas company based in Texas.
- CitizenMe on its US$2 million financing from North East Venture Fund.
- Leading American investment bank as the bookrunner in relation to a private placement to raise €28 million by a European pharmaceutical company in relation to a new pharmaceutical product.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.B., 2017, First-Class Honors, Sweet and Maxwell Prize for Best Degree Performance
- University of Law, Moorgate, LPC and MSc, 2018, Distinction
- England and Wales