Ruxandra Irina Esanu es asociada de Dechert en su oficina de París y centra su práctica en arbitraje internacional. Ha representado a Estados, entidades estatales y empresas privadas en arbitrajes de inversión y comerciales en los sectores minero, petrolero y de construcción bajo los reglamentos del CIADI, la CNUDMI, y la CCI.
- A Bolivian state entity in an arbitration before the Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA) arising out of an alleged breach of a sale contract for 60,000 metric tons of wheat.
- A Bolivian state entity against an Indian company in an ICC arbitration arising from a contract for the joint exploitation of a mining concession.
- An Asian State against four French defense companies in two ICC commercial arbitrations arising from a military procurement contract and the payment of illicit commissions.
- Two major Eastern European construction companies in an ICC arbitration arising from a major highway design and construction project in Bulgaria.
- A European State in an ICC commercial arbitration arising from the construction of a bridge and associated infrastructure.
- An Italian pharmaceutical company against a Chinese pharmaceutical distributor in a HKIAC arbitration arising from disputes in Hong Kong and England related to the distribution of pharmaceuticals in China.
- A Chinese railway rolling stock manufacturer against a Cameroonian rail company in an ad hoc arbitration under the rules of UNCITRAL arising from several international sales contracts of trains.
- A group of Costa Rican and Dutch investors, Álvarez y Marín Corporación S.A. and others, against the Republic of Panama in an ICSID arbitration arising from the construction and development of an ecotourism resort on the Panamanian coast.
- Georgia in an ICSID arbitration against Mr. Nasib Hasanov arising from the acquisition of a controlling interest in a Georgian telecommunications company which is the sole owner of a major submarine fiber optic cable in the Black Sea.
- The Argentine Republic in an ICSID arbitration arising out of tariff calculation and adjustment mechanisms with regard to several electricity generation companies in Argentina.
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against South American Silver Ltd. in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from the reversion of mining licenses.
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against Glencore (Bermuda) Finance in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from the reversion of Bolivia’s largest tin/zinc mine (Colquiri), a tin smelter and an antimony smelter.
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against a U.S. citizen and the Bolivian company in which he owns a controlling interest in a PCA arbitration under the rules of UNCITRAL arising from a mining concession held by the company in Bolivia.
- The Republic of Colombia against Glencore International A.G. and C.I. Prodeco S.A. in an ICSID arbitration arising from the alleged threat of annulling a modification of a mining exploitation contract for a large-scale coal project in Colombia.
- The Republic of Colombia against América Móvil S.A.B. de C.V. in an ICSID arbitration arising from the State’s enforcement of a contractual clause regulating the restitution of assets to the State after the termination of a concession contract for the provision of mobile telecom services in Colombia.
- The Republic of Colombia against Telefónica S.A in an ICSID arbitration arising from the State's enforcement of a contractual clause regulating the restitution of assets to the State after the termination of a concession.
- The Republic of Colombia against Glencore International A.G., C. I. Prodeco S.A. and Sociedad Portuaria Puerto Nuevo S.A. in an ICSID arbitration arising from the construction and maintenance of a port facility.
- The Republic of Ecuador in two ICSID arbitrations arising from the termination of a participation contract to explore and operate petroleum fields, which also involved a counterclaim for the environmental harm caused to the Amazonian rainforest.
- The Republic of Guatemala against an Israeli investor in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from a change in the energy distribution market and the tax framework.
- The Republic of Paraguay against a Portuguese construction company in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules arising from the construction of a bus rapid transit (BRT).
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), B.A., Political Science, 2010
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), M.A., Economic Law, 2013, Member of the winning team at the Latin American Commercial Arbitration Moot (Bogotá) 2013
- Paris Bar School, CAPA, 2015