Agathe Fortin focuses her practice on international arbitration. Her experience includes international ad hoc arbitrations, including under UNCITRAL Rules, and institutional arbitrations under the Rules of the ICC, ICSID, LCIA, with a focus on commercial arbitrations.
Ms. Fortin has advised both corporations and States and was notably involved in disputes in the defense, construction, telecommunications, transport, and energy sectors.
Ms. Fortin also acts as counsel in litigation proceedings before French courts, notably in proceedings to seek the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
- A leading State-owned railway rolling stock manufacturer against an African railway company in an ad hoc commercial UNCITRAL arbitration arising from several international sales contracts.
- An Asian State in connection with the enforcement of a US$ 400 million ICC award before the French courts.
- An Asian State in an ICC arbitration in connection with a US$2 billion ICC dispute arising from a military procurement contract and the payment of illicit commissions.
- An Eastern European State in an ICC arbitration concerning the supply of oil derivatives.
- Two telecommunications companies against an African state in an ICC arbitration related to the termination of their license to operate a telecommunications network.
- A telecommunications company in a LCIA arbitration related to the acquisition of networks in two African States.
- A European construction company in an ICSID investment dispute with a Middle Eastern State relating to the construction of an urban highway.
- A major corporation in connection with the enforcement of an ICC award before the French courts.
- A leading State-owned Middle-Eastern telecommunications company in an ICC post-acquisition dispute arising from the sale of a controlling stake in a leading telecommunications company in Morocco.
- An Eastern European State entity in an ICC dispute with a construction company related to the construction of a bridge and related rail and road infrastructure.
- Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, B.L
- The University of Queensland, B.L