Elisabeth Fapuro focuses her practice on financial services and investment management matters, advising clients on the structuring, establishment, management, marketing and restructuring of investment funds, including hedge funds, credit funds and private equity funds. Ms. Fapuro has experience advising funds domiciled in a range of onshore and offshore jurisdictions for UK, Irish, U.S. and European asset managers.
Ms. Fapuro trained at Dechert and was admitted as a solicitor in August 2022, after spending time on secondment to Dechert’s Dublin office.
- Reforming Windrush Compensation Scheme – 2022 Samuel E. Klein Pro Bono Award Recipient. Worked with other Dechert fee earners in supporting the JUSTICE Working Group in publishing its Reforming the Windrush Compensation Scheme Report, which sets out recommendations to improve the administrative and procedural aspects of the scheme to ensure it is accessible, fair and efficient.
- Free Legal Support to Windrush Compensation Scheme Applicants – Worked as part of the Dechert team in partnership with seven other leading law firms and the Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit (GMIAU) in establishing the Windrush Legal Initiative to provide legal advice and support for people to apply to the Windrush Compensation Scheme.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Tribunal Appeals – Worked as part of a Dechert team in a successful tribunal appeal against the Department of Work and Pensions decision to lower a clients’ level of PIP benefit.
- Exceptional Case Funding (ECF) application – Worked as part of a Dechert team in a successful application to secure ECF legal aid for a client who had been issued a Home Office Deportation Order.
- University of Birmingham, B.A., English and American Literature, 2014
- University of Law, Moorgate, GDL, 2016
- BPP University, LPC, 2020, Distinction
- England and Wales