Antonio Gordillo Fernández de Villavicencio
Associate Paris International Arbitration
- Represented the Republic of Ecuador in the arbitration Perenco Ecuador Limited v. Ecuador arising from the termination of an oil exploration and production contract (ICSID Case No. ARB/08/6).
- Represented a group of Costa Rican and Dutch investors in the arbitration Álvarez y Marín Corporación S.A. and others v. Panama arising from the construction and development of an eco-tourist resort in Panama (ICSID Case No. ARB/15/14).
- Represented Colombian investors in the arbitration Carlos Mario Rios Velilla & Francisco Javier Rios Velilla v. Chile arising from the operation of bus concessions in a public transportation system (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/16).
- Represented a company owned by an Australian investment fund in the arbitration Autopista del Norte S.A.C. v. Peru arising from a concession contract for the construction of a highway (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/17).
- Represented one the largest power transmission companies in the world in the arbitration Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. E.S.P. v. Chile arising from the construction and operation of a power line and the imposition of fines by the State (ICSID Case No. ARB/21/27).
- Represented the Plurinational State of Bolivia in the PCA arbitration (under the UNCITRAL Rules) Abertis Infraestructuras S.A. v. Bolivia arising from the concession of the three international airports in the country.
- Represented the Plurinational State of Bolivia in the PCA arbitration (under the UNCITRAL Rules) South American Silver Ltd. v. Bolivia, arising from a mining concession.
- Represents the Republic of Ecuador in the PCA arbitration (under UNCITRAL Rules) Ecuador TLC S.A. v. Ecuador, arising from the termination of an oil exploration and production contract.
- Represented two Bulgarian companies in an ICC arbitration against an Italian company relating to the construction of a highway (Paris seat, Bulgarian law).
- Represented a group of cement producing companies in an ICC arbitration involving a shareholder’s dispute relating to the construction of a major cement producing facility in South America (Lima seat, Peruvian law).
- Represented the Spanish subsidiary of a major American bank in an ICC arbitration involving a business transfer agreement (Madrid seat, Spanish law).
- Represents an Ecuadorian state entity in three ad hoc arbitrations arising from an oil production contract (Santiago de Chile seat, Ecuadorian law).
- Represented a major Spanish oil and gas company in an IACP arbitration against a UAE company arising out of a service contract in the North-African area (Paris seat, Spanish law).
- Represented the port authority of a South American State in a commercial arbitration against a Chinese company in a dispute related to a concession contract for a maritime port (Ciudad de Panamá seat, Ecuadorian law).
- Advised a Belgian port operator in a dispute against the Republic of Uruguay arising from a concession in the port of Montevideo.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a Japanese company in a potential dispute arising from a SHA which frames their common O&G projects in the Middle East.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a major international supplier and technology licensor in the oil and gas industry, in a potential arbitration arising from a license agreement.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a major Asian state-owned oil company in a potential SIAC arbitration arising from a risk service contract for the operation of three offshore oil fields.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a national state-owned oil company from North Africa in gas pricing negotiations arising from a gas purchase agreement and a shareholders agreement.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company during the renegotiation of the contractual framework and conditions of its joint venture with another multinational company for the construction and operation of a tank terminal in the port of Antwerp.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a UAE company and its shareholders in a dispute arising from unpaid invoices.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against its insurance company arising from the latter’s coverage of the loss caused by unpaid invoices.
- Advised a Spanish multinational oil and gas company against a Swiss major bunkering company arising from a SPA for the sale of the former’s Panamanian subsidiary.
- Assisted with the representation of a major aerospace and defence company in its interactions with the UK’s Serious Fraud Office, the French Parquet National Financier and the US Department of Justice.
- Noted in Legal 500 Latin America 2018
- Environmental law in investment arbitration — CEA, Geneva (February 19, 2018)
- Las distintas caras de las partes en el arbitraje internacional —The Alps (September 25, 2016)
- The Art of Persuasion in International Arbitration — Club Español del Arbitraje, Madrid (July 20, 2016)
- Club Español del Arbitraje (Steering Committee of the French Section between 2018 and 2020)
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- +33 1 57 57 80 76
+33 1 57 57 80 81
- Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Licenciatura de Derecho, 2009
- Université Catholique de Louvain, Master Complémentaire en Droit International, 2012
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Paris