Daniel Goldberg-Gradess is a litigator who focuses his practice on complex litigation, including commercial, data privacy, product liability, securities, and insurance cases. His pro bono practice focuses on contract disputes and civil rights.
Mr. Goldberg-Gradess has spearheaded litigation strategy, prepared expert and corporate witnesses for deposition, and drafted pleadings, motions, and other legal memoranda. He is skilled at all phases of fact discovery, including managing teams of associates and staff attorneys in large-scale electronic document productions and negotiating discovery disputes with opposing counsel. He has conducted due diligence on large M&A transactions and is a graduate of the second class of the Dechert Innovation Certificate Program. He is a regular contributor to the treatise Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts.
- A major pharmaceutical company in more than one thousand federal and state lawsuits brought by state attorneys general, cities, municipalities, hospitals, and third-party payors alleging fraudulent marketing practices.
- A European health care app with over 150 million users in litigation over its privacy practices.
- An international industrial manufacturer as national and trial counsel in a high-profile toxic tort litigation. Currently defending individual and class action complaints involving medical monitoring and property damages claims in New York and New Hampshire.
- A leading insurance company as national coordinating defense counsel in Hurricane Katrina litigation in Louisiana and Mississippi.
- A Fortune 100 Company in thousands of asbestos-related lawsuits arising out of the company’s historic sales of asbestos products and ownership of talc mines.
- Urban Pathways, Inc., a leading nonprofit serving homeless New Yorkers, in a million-dollar construction dispute.
- United Sports Brands and Bregal Partners in the acquisition of apparel company PEARL iZUMi.
- Brown University, A.B., 2007
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2018, NYU Environmental Law Journal, Articles Editor
- New York