Gabriela González Giráldez centra su práctica en arbitraje internacional tanto en materia comercial como de inversiones. Ha representado a empresas privadas, Estados y entidades estatales en disputas relativas a proyectos energéticos, instalaciones industriales, ingeniería, construcción, hidrocarburos y minería, entre otros.
La Sra. González Giráldez tiene experiencia en arbitrajes internacionales bajo diversos reglamentos, entre otros, CIADI, CCI y la Cámara Arbitral Internacional de París (IACP), así como ante tribunales ad hoc constituidos bajo el Reglamento de la CNUDMI. También tiene experiencia en la ejecución de laudos arbitrales ante tribunales franceses.
Antes de unirse al equipo de Dechert, la Sra. González Giráldez realizó pasantías en un despacho de abogados en París especializado en litigios comerciales y en el Sistema Económico Latinoamericano (SELA) en Caracas, Venezuela.
- The Republic of Ecuador against Burlington Resources and Perenco Ecuador Limited in two parellel ICSID arbitrations arising from a windfall profit levy on oil revenues and involving counterclaims for environmental harm to the Amazonian rainforest. (ICSID Case No. ARB/08/5 and ICSID Case No. ARB/08/6)
- The Republic of Ecuador against Chevron in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules arising from judgments rendered by Ecuadorian courts concerning environmental pollution by Chevron. (PCA Case No. 2009-23)
- The Plurinational State of Bolivia against Glencore (Bermuda) Finance in a PCA arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules arising from the reversion to the State of Bolivia’s largest tin and zinc mine (Colquiri), a tin smelter and an antimony smelter. (PCA Case No. 2016-39)
- A Peruvian company (subsidiary of a large Spanish construction group) against the Republic of Peru in an ICSID arbitration arising from the breach of a concession contract for the construction of a highway. (ICSID Case No. ARB/18/17)
- The Ecuadorian State national oil company (Petroecuador) in an ad hoc arbitration against an oil services company, related to the production of crude through secondary and tertiary recovery techniques.
- A major Spanish oil and gas company against a UAE company in an International Arbitration Chamber of Paris arbitration arising from an alleged service contract in the North-African area.
- An American bank’s Spanish subsidiary against a Spanish bank in an ICC arbitration arising from a Business Transfer Agreement.
- A French leader in the engineering sector against a Qatari company in an ICC arbitration arising from the construction of highways in Qatar.
- A Spanish construction group against a large French construction group in an ad hoc arbitration arising from the termination of two sub-contracts for the construction of a major university hospital in France.
- A Spanish construction group against one of the largest construction groups in France before the juge de l’exécution and the Cour d’appel de Paris in the enforcement of an arbitral award rendered in Paris and in defending the Award in the annulment proceedings initiated by the French company.
- A South American State entity against a French engineering firm in an ICC arbitration arising from the performance of a contract for the supervision of the construction of a tramway line.
- A South American State entity against a consortium of Spanish construction companies in an ICC arbitration (and the prior emergency arbitrator proceedings) arising in relation to the civil works for the construction of a tramway line.
- A South American State entity in proceedings before the Paris Commercial Court related to the first demand guarantees called by our client against a consortium of French companies in the transportation sector.
- A South American State in the negotiations, litigation and disputes for the recovery of cultural goods and artifacts that are part of the State’s cultural heritage which have been illicitly exported or appropriated.
- Universidade de Vigo, Law Degree, minor in economics and business administration, 2011
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master’s Degree, International Law, 2012
- Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Master’s Degree, Arbitration and International Commercial Law, 2013
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Paris