Stella Hu concentrates her practice on cross-border dispute resolution with a specific focus on China-related disputes. Ms. Hu has advised multiple Chinese SOEs and private companies in litigation and arbitration cases across numerous industries, including oil and gas, consumer goods, M&A, joint ventures, investment finance and hotel management.
Ms. Hu was recognized by The Legal 500 Asia in 2020 as a "Rising Star" in the China Dispute Resolution category and Who’s Who Legal has featured her in its 2020 and 2021 "Future Leaders of International Arbitration" list.
Ms. Hu is a listed arbitrator in the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and Lang Fang Arbitration Commission.
- A Taiwan-listed company in one of the largest litigation matters in the cement industry in Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands.
- A Chinese asset management firm in Hong Kong litigation regarding its investment in a private fund.
- A Japanese company in an ICC arbitration for disputes relating to a joint venture with its counterpart in mainland China.
- A PRC state-owned energy company in an SIAC arbitration on post-M&A disputes.
- A PRC state-owned energy company in an SCC arbitration relating to an oil machinery manufacturer and supply contractor, including its subsequent enforcement and set-aside proceedings.
- A private Chinese company in two SIAC arbitrations against U.S. counterparts regarding joint venture disputes in the textile industry governed by Chinese law.
- A leading U.S. investment bank in an HKIAC arbitration defending claims for unauthorized trading, misrepresentation and breach of duty of care brought by a private banking client.
- A Chinese TMT giant on a dispute and potential ICC arbitration arising from the counterpart’s potential breach of non-competition obligations regarding its overseas investment.
- A Chinese SOE outbound investor on its exiting right from a power project invested in Indonesia.
- A leading PRC real estate company on its dispute with a financial investor in relation to its exiting rights.
- A major U.S. hotel management group in relation to a hotel management agreement termination and potential arbitration with a PRC local owner in east China.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Rising Star - China Dispute Resolution - The Legal 500 Asia (2020)
- Future Leaders of International Arbitration - Who’s Who Legal (2020-2021)
- University of Bristol, LL.B., 2006
- University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2008
- Hong Kong