Dr. Enikő Horváth focuses her practice on international litigation and arbitration and public international law matters, including investor-State and inter-State disputes. She has extensive experience acting as counsel to parties in disputes before international arbitral tribunals, domestic courts and the European Court of Human Rights, as well as advising international organizations on matters pertaining to their formation, operations and dissolution.
Prior to joining Dechert, Dr. Horváth was a senior lawyer in the Paris office of another international law firm.
- The Hellenic Republic in an ICSID arbitration commenced by Poštová banka a.s. and its Cypriot shareholder under the Hellenic Republic-Slovak Republic and the Hellenic Republic-Cyprus bilateral investment treaties relating to sovereign bonds.
- The Hellenic Republic in two separate ICSID arbitrations commenced by Cyprus Popular Bank Public Co. Ltd and Bank of Cyprus Public Co. Ltd under the Cyprus-Hellenic Republic bilateral investment treaty relating to measures taken to address the Hellenic Republic’s financial and sovereign debt crisis.
- The Republic of Austria in an ICSID arbitration under the Austria-Malta bilateral investment treaty in the banking services sector.
- The Republic of Iraq in an ICC arbitration against the Republic of Turkey for breaches of intergovernmental agreements governing the operation of transnational oil pipelines and related facilities.
- OJSC Tatneft in an UNCITRAL arbitration brought against Ukraine under the Russia-Ukraine bilateral investment treaty relating to an investment in a refinery and ensuing annulment and enforcement proceedings.
- The Republic of Tatarstan and its Ministry of Land Property Relations in an UNCITRAL arbitration against Ukraine under the Russia-Ukraine bilateral investment treaty relating to an investment in a refinery.
- The Russian Federation in three parallel UNCITRAL arbitrations under the Energy Charter Treaty commenced by one Isle of Man and two Cypriot companies, in their capacities as former majority shareholders of Yukos Oil Company, and ensuing annulment proceedings before the Hague District Court.
- OAO Gazprom in an UNCITRAL arbitration brought against the Republic of Lithuania under the Russia-Lithuania BIT concerning the forced divestiture of AB Lietuvos Dujos' natural gas transmission operations and assets.
- The Republic of Slovenia in Grand Chamber proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights in disputes concerning liabilities arising out of the former Socialist Republic of Yugoslavia’s guarantee of foreign currency deposits.
Includes matters handled prior to joining Dechert.
- Columbia University, B.A., 2000, summa cum laude
- University of Oxford, M.St., 2001
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2004
- European University Institute, Ph.D., Comparative, European and International Law, 2006