Shriram Harid focuses his practice on securities and commercial litigation, white collar criminal defense and investigations. Mr. Harid has defended various executives in criminal and civil enforcement actions brought by United States Attorney’s Offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other agencies. He has conducted internal investigations, delivered argument, examined witnesses in federal and state court, and engaged in related motion practice.
Mr. Harid has completed federal clerkships with the Honorable Jane R. Roth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Norma L. Shapiro of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Harid maintains an active pro bono practice and has received The Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award for advocacy on behalf of an indigent client in a disability discrimination suit. Prior to joining Dechert, he was a litigation associate at another global law firm.
Government Investigations & Enforcement Actions
- A Hedge fund manager and hedge fund in criminal and civil actions brought by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York and the SEC based on alleged securities and investment fraud.
- Former employees of a hedge fund in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for District of Massachusetts into the securitization of residential mortgage-backed securities.
- The former employee of an investment bank in an SEC investigation into the selection of mutual fund share classes.
- The CFO of a private equity firm in an SEC investigation into the valuation of positions and the adequacy of write-downs.
- The CEO of a brokerage firm in enforcement action by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission over certain practices in the foreign exchange options market.
- A manufacturer of inventory management systems in securities fraud class action.
- A Chinese conglomerate in a defamation suit against a real estate mogul.
- The audit committee of an IT company in an internal investigation before their initial public offering.
- A media company in arbitration over sexual harassment allegations.
- A Supreme Court amicus brief addressing whether Ohio collections special counsel are exempt from the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Honorable Jane R. Roth
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Honorable Norma L. Shapiro
- Princeton University, A.B., Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Certificate in Finance, 2008
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2013, Moot Court Board, Journal of International Law, Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award, Advocate of the Year, Employment Advocacy Project
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York