Andris Ivanovs is a white-collar crime and international regulatory compliance lawyer who advises financial institutions, corporations, and senior executives on regulatory and internal investigations and financial crime compliance matters. Mr. Ivanovs regularly advises clients on government-initiated and internal multi-jurisdictional investigations into allegations of bribery, corruption, money laundering, fraud, violations of sanctions or export controls, and other sensitive matters. Mr. Ivanovs has experience in acting for clients facing investigations and proceedings brought by UK, U.S. and European enforcement or regulatory authorities.
In addition, Mr. Ivanovs regularly counsels clients on proactive compliance and risk management under UK, EU, and U.S. anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and sanctions and export control laws, including in the context of cross-border transactions and business agreements. Mr. Ivanovs has advised clients operating in the banking, private equity, defense, pharma, energy and other industries on developing and implementing best-practice anti-corruption, sanctions and export control, and anti-money laundering compliance programs.
Before joining Dechert, Mr. Ivanovs practiced at another U.S. law firm in London where he was seconded to the legal team of a UK-based multinational bank. During his secondment, Mr. Ivanovs advised stakeholders across the retail, corporate, and investment banking divisions of the bank on a range of contentious and non-contentious financial crime issues.
- A UK-based multinational bank on a range of matters relating to compliance with UK and EU anti-money laundering, sanctions, and other financial crime laws.
- Pharmaceutical, energy, consumer goods and defence companies in numerous investigations into alleged breaches of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery laws.
- A European bank on an investigation into potential violations of U.S. and EU sanctions and voluntary self-disclosure to the Office of Foreign Assets Control and EU regulators.
- A UK-based multinational bank on an investigation into potential violations of anti-money laundering laws and regulations and reporting to the Financial Conduct Authority and the National Crime Agency.
- A senior executive who is a suspect in a cross-border bribery and corruption investigation being conducted by the Serious Fraud Office into the employer and various senior executives.
- Corporate and private equity clients regarding the impact of evolving UK, U.S. and EU sanctions on existing business operations and potential transactions.
- Corporate and private equity clients in conducting pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, export control due diligence and post-acquisition monitoring.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University of Warwick, LL.B. (Hons), 2013, First Class Honors
- University of Law, LPC, 2014, Distinction
- England and Wales