Hayk Kupelyants is an associate in Dechert’s international arbitration practice group. Dr. Kupelyants focuses on international commercial arbitration, investor-state arbitration and commercial litigation. He acted for states and private investors in a variety of matters, including financial disputes, energy disputes and corporate disputes.
Prior to joining Dechert, Dr. Kupelyants taught at the University of Cambridge. He holds the Diploma of the Hague Academy of International Law.
- A CIS State in proceedings before the UK Supreme Court.
- A CIS State in an ad hoc arbitration arising out of a construction project.
- A CIS State in an ad hoc arbitration arising out of a tax dispute.
- A major oil company in an ad hoc arbitration arising out the seizure of its shares.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm
- French University of Armenia, LL.B., 2009, Honours
- University College London, LL.M., 2011, Distinction
- University of Cambridge, Ph.D., 2016, Yorke Prize
- England and Wales