Laura Konkel is a corporate associate in Dechert’s New York office. Ms. Konkel focuses her practice in all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, public and private offerings, financings, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Ms. Konkel has extensive energy industry experience including advising clients in connection with complex acquisitions and divestitures, initial public offerings, joint ventures, streaming and royalty transactions as well as a variety of other commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Konkel was an associate in the Toronto office of another global law firm. Ms. Konkel is admitted in Ontario only; she is not admitted in New York.
- Gatos Silver, Inc. in the completion of its US$172.5 million cross-border initial public offering.
- Elemental Royalties Corp., a gold-focused royalty company, with its US$55 million acquisition of a portfolio of royalties from a wholly owned subsidiary of South32 Ltd.
- Golden Star Resources Ltd. on the US$55 million sale of its 90% interest in the Bogoso-Prestea Gold Mine in Ghana to Future Global Resources Limited, with a further contingent component of up to US$40 million.
- Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd. and the special committee on the US$255 million sale of all the issued and outstanding common shares to Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd.
- Cupric Canyon Capital LLC on the US$650 million financing package with respect to the construction and development of its Khoemacau Copper Project in Botswana.
- Triple Five Group, owner of Mall of America, in its junior mezzanine financing for the construction of American Dream, a 3 million square foot retail and entertainment complex located in Meadowlands Sports Complex in New Jersey.
- Zijin Mining Group Co. in its C$1.86 billion acquisition of Vancouver-based Nevsun Resources Ltd.
- Just Energy Group Inc., a leading consumer company specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities, energy efficiency solutions, and renewable energy options, in the sale of its outstanding US$150 million 6.50 per cent European convertible bonds.
- Just Energy Group Inc. in conjunction with a US$250 million non-revolving multi-draw, senior, unsecured term loan facility.
- Sibanye-Stillwater in its US$500 million stream with Wheaton Precious Metals International Ltd.
- AuRico Metals Inc. in its C$310 million sale to Centerra Gold Inc. through a wholly owned subsidiary.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
New YorkThree Bryant Park, 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States of America 10036-6797
- +1 212 698 3839
+1 212 698 3599
- University of St. Andrews, M.A., International Relations, 2012, Honors
- King’s College London, M.A., Intelligence and International Security, 2013, Honors
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Common Law, J.D., 2016
- Admitted in Ontario only; not admitted in New York