Cassandra N. Love focuses her practice on product liability and mass tort litigation. Ms. Love has significant experience representing major pharmaceutical, sports and other consumer product companies in product liability and class action litigation in state and federal courts. In that realm, Ms. Love has played a key role in case strategy, discovery and motion practice in multi-billion dollar cases.
Outside of product liability, Ms. Love has also conducted white collar investigations into companies and individuals perpetrating fraudulent schemes in the construction, aviation and movie production industries.
Ms. Love’s pro bono practice includes advocating on behalf of vulnerable populations including domestic violence victims, child victims of abuse and those with disabilities.
- An artificial turf manufacturer in a consumer fraud and products liability class action lawsuit.
- One of the largest medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing companies to secure a complete defense verdict in a mass tort litigation relating to a consumer product the company produced.
- An equipment financing company in a contract dispute over return provisions in a multi-million dollar lease for crude-oil railcars.
- A foreign government in a mass tort class action suit in front of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a privately held company concerning multi-million dollar investment and lender fraud.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Foster Care Advocacy – Worked with leading outside organizations to bring a putative class action on behalf of foster youth with mental disabilities to prevent unneeded institutionalization and restrictive placements.
- Disability Advocacy – Successfully appealed multiple denials of Social Security Disability benefits on behalf of individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
- Wrongful Conviction Advocacy – Worked with Innocence Project to evaluate incoming cases for possible aid in overturning wrongful convictions. Represented convicted prisoners whose convictions were based on lack of or faulty DNA testing.
- Education Advocacy – Worked with leading outside organizations to bring a putative class action on behalf of students denied their right to a free and public education.
- Excellence in Trial Skills – Smiley & Smiley LLP (2018)
- At Home or Merely Visiting?: Either Way, the Court Says Business Contacts Can Slip in the Back Door – American Bar Association, Trial Practice Newsletter (2021)
- California Federal Court Denies Class Cert, But With Plenty of Dicta – American Bar Association, Mass Torts Litigation Section Practice Points (2018)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- California State University, Northridge, B.A., Liberal Arts, 2013
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2018, magna cum laude
- New York