Charles Lam focuses his practice on corporate matters, with particular emphasis on corporate finance transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, private equity transactions, takeovers and general compliance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lam worked at another international law firm.
Takeovers, Mergers & Acquisitions
- New Century Asset Management Limited, manager of NC REIT, on the very substantial and connected disposal of all assets of NC REIT and the subsequent termination, liquidation, deauthorization and delisting from HKSE - the first successful delisting and deauthorization of a Hong Kong-listed REIT.
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc in connection with the acquisition of remaining interests in (i) Iconix Europe LLC, (ii) Iconix MENA Ltd and (iii) Iconix SE Asia Limited from GBG International Holding Company Limited (in administration).
- CICC and CLSA, the joint financial adviser to the Yue Xiu Enterprises (Holdings) Limited, on the HK$5.1 billion privatization of Chong Hing Bank Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Zhejiang New Century Hotel Management Co., Ltd. on its HK$1.4 billion privatization by Kunpeng Asia Limited by way of voluntary general offer.
- Yuexiu Property Company Limited on its major and connected transactions in relation to its acquisition of 51% interests in two new metro property projects.
- CLSA Capital Markets Limited, as the financial advisor of CITIC Pacific, on the privatization of Dah Chong Hong.
- Differential Brands Group Inc. (NASDAQ: DFBG), a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Hudson, Robert Graham and SWIMS, in connection with the pending acquisition of a significant part of the North American licensing business of Global BrandsGroup Holding Limited, a Hong Kong listed company (SEHK stock code: 787), for US$1.38 billion.
- Portico International Holdings Limited on its privatization by Bluestone Global Holdings Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Songbird SG Pte. Ltd. on its mandatory general offer to acquire Tai United Holdings.
- CNQC International Holdings Limited (SEHK: 1240) on its HK$2.6 billion acquisition of a Singapore property development and construction business which constituted reverse takeover and deemed new listing.
- Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Co. Ltd. on its RMB11.6 billion major disposal of its environmental sanitation business and assets.
- Lianhua Supermarket Holdings Co., Ltd. on its RMB998 million asset swap transaction for the acquisition of hypermarket chain and shopping center in the PRC.
- Zhejiang New Century Hotel Management Co., Ltd. on its HK$1.16 billion initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- 20 underwriters (including China Galaxy International Securities (Hong Kong) Co., Limited as the sole sponsor, a global coordinator, a joint bookrunner and a joint lead manager) on the HK$1.521 billion initial public offering and listing of the shares of Huijing Holdings Company Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Guotai Junan Capital Limited and other underwriters on the HK$1.93 billion global offering, initial public offering and listing of China Risun Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- The underwriters (including VBG Capital Limited as the sole sponsor, a joint bookrunner and a joint lead manager) on the HK$130 million initial public offering and listing of SANVO Fine Chemicals Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- University College London, LL.B., 2010
- The University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2012
- Hong Kong