Lukas Lim has represented clients in commercial litigation before the English, Singapore and Malaysian courts as well as in domestic and international arbitrations governed by the SIAC, AIAC, HKIAC, LMAA and ICC Rules. He was recently named as one of the ‘senior associates to note’ by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021, with ‘energy, infrastructure and construction disputes among his areas of expertise.’
Prior to joining Dechert, Lukas worked in the Singapore office of a global law firm with a focus on international arbitration, adjudication, and litigation. He is the co-author of the Singapore Chapter of Arbitration International (2018, Sweet & Maxwell).
Recent experience includes representing and advising:
- A consortium in two multi-billion dollar LNG price review arbitrations under the ICC Rules, which were first-of-their-kind cases in the Asian LNG industry.
- The Turkish sellers in one of the very first third party funded SIAC arbitrations in Singapore.
- A large Indian infrastructure company in a SIAC arbitration arising from alleged breaches of a series of international investment agreements with a consortium of private equity funds.
- An international dredging and offshore contractor in a SIAC arbitration against a Chinese construction company on various contractual and tortious disputes in a land reclamation project.
- A large Indian manufacturing company in a SIAC arbitration concerning a dispute with a private equity fund over an international investment transaction.
- An international marine transportation company in a HKIAC arbitration involving claims against a Singapore contractor relating to delay, acceleration, and variation work.
- A high net-worth family in an ICC arbitration against an international hotel chain over the construction of a luxury villa in the Maldives.
- An international offshore energy facilities and services provider in an LMAA arbitration regarding a shareholders’ agreement dispute.
- A Marshall Islands-based marine transportation company in a SIAC arbitration involving a dispute over the provision of engineering and construction services by a Singapore contractor.
- A Turkish construction engineering company in an English High Court litigation involving claims of fraud over an international financing agreement with a group of international financial institutions.
- A Canadian construction company in a Singapore adjudication over issues of delay and variation work.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Singapore Law Society
- University of Cambridge, B.A., Law, 2009, (Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, LL.M., 2011
- University of Cambridge, M.A., 2012
- England and Wales
- Bahasa Indonesia