Emad Maghsoudi advises clients on complex corporate matters and has represented multinational corporations, foreign investors, governments and family offices in corporate and commercial transactions, anti-bribery and corruption matters, and investment issues. Mr. Maghsoudi has public and private sector experience and has held governmental roles advising on both national and international issues. He has also advised clients through corporate restructuring and establishment of joint venture companies in the Middle East, as well as the acquisition of the largest telecommunications infrastructure portfolio in the Middle East.
Mr. Maghsoudi also served as the managing attorney overseeing economic development and legal reforms in Sri Lanka for the Commercial Law Development Program. There, he advised foreign governments and private entities on various commercial law and economic development issues. He was also responsible for the implementation of technical assistance programs in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, trade and investment promotion, intellectual property and insolvency.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Maghsoudi was an attorney in the Washington, D.C., office of an international law firm.
- A group of Hollywood actors on their sale of an improvisational and sketch comedy group to a private equity investor.
- A private equity firm on purchase of a retail franchise in San Antonio, Texas and for it to be replicated across the United States.
- A Swiss investor on setting on a qualified investor fund in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
- IHS Towers in the sale and lease back of approximately 1,620 telecommunication towers in Kuwait Zain, Kuwait’s leading mobile telecommunications operator.
Washington, D.C.1900 K Street, NW, Washington, DC, United States of America 20006-1110
- +1 571 833 8068
+1 202 261 3333
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.A., Political Science, 2008, cum laude
- Harvard University, ALM, Management, 2012
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2016, Fordham Law School’s Samuel O. Arumala Memorial Scholarship, New York State Pro Bono Scholars Program, Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, summa cum laude, Teaching Assistant for Judge Gerald Lebovits' Legal Writing Class
- New York
- District of Columbia