Matthew M. McDonagh focuses his practice on white collar defense, securities litigation, corporate governance, compliance counseling and antitrust matters. He represents clients before government agencies in criminal and regulatory investigations and enforcement actions relating to the FCPA, securities fraud, financial integrity, anti-money laundering and corporate social responsibility matters.
In addition, Mr. McDonagh also has experience conducting internal investigations and assisting multinational companies in assessing and enhancing their regulatory compliance programs. He also advises companies in connection with FCPA diligence for mergers, acquisitions and other investments in jurisdictions with high corruption risk and works with clients to implement effective post-acquisition compliance programs.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. McDonagh served as an associate at another global law firm.
- Wal-Mart’s Audit Committee in an extensive investigation by the SEC and DOJ into the Company’s global FCPA compliance and allegations of corruption.
- A large multinational company in anticorruption pre-acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition compliance in connection with M&A activities across a range of industries.
- A large multinational company in connection with on-the-ground FCPA compliance assessments in Kenya, South Africa, Canada, and the UK.
- A leading automotive manufacturer in connection with SEC investigations that resulted in the SEC closing the investigations without action.
- The Independent Monitor of Toyota Motor Corporation in providing advice as part of a deferred prosecution agreement, focusing on guiding the company in the development and implementation of a centralized compliance program.
Includes matters handled at Dechert or prior to joining the firm.
- Fairfield University, B.S., Finance , 2011, cum laude
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2014 , Associate Editor, Hofstra Law Review