Navpreet Moonga is a dual qualified (U.S. and UK) lawyer whose practice focuses on national security and international trade issues. Ms. Moonga advises clients on economic sanctions laws (including programs administered by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)), provisions of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the U.K. Bribery Act, export controls (the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)), and trade compliance with respect to international agreements and WTO provisions. Ms. Moonga has experience interacting with U.S. government agencies and developing anti-bribery, sanctions, and export controls compliance programs.
Ms. Moonga also has litigation experience having advised domestic companies and foreign entities on trade remedies proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. International Trade Commission, as well as appeals before the U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit.
In recognition of her significant work and involvement on pro bono matters, Ms. Moonga has been listed on the Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll, an initiative sponsored by the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
Ms. Moonga was previously a teaching fellow at Georgetown University Law Center from 2015-2016, focusing on advocacy in international arbitration. Prior to joining Dechert, Ms. Moonga was a senior associate at a boutique global trade law firm in Washington, D.C. and has worked for international law firms in the United Kingdom.
Ms. Moonga is admitted in New York and England and Wales only; she is not admitted as a member of the bar of the District of Columbia.
- “Enhanced US National Security Measures Raise Risks for Cross-Border Activities,” The Legal Industry Reviews USA Vol. 1 (March 2023)
- Board Member, Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA), Co-Chair of the Technology Committee
- University of Birmingham, LL.B., 2010, Honors
- The University of Law, LPC, 2011
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., International Legal Studies, Certificate in Dispute Resolution and International Arbitration, 2015
- New York
- England and Wales
- Licensed to practice as a Special Legal Consultant in the District of Columbia
- Not admitted as a member of the bar of the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of International Trade